hi hi
trying out earnie ball super slinkies (.09-.42). i put em on abt. 5 hrs ago and jamed with them for 1 1/2. they sound good so far i like the sustain and harmonics.
now, will they withstand the test of time?
hopefully
if u saw my last thread, i wasnt a happy camper when my elixirs snapped a week after i put em on, so im tryin some new brands.
anyone use earnie ball super slinkies besides me?
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
I used to use them yes. they wroked extremely well for me. I switch to regular slinkies though, because I founf the super slinkies were a little too light.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
nice. i like the super slinks so far cuz of the gauge. how long do yours last?
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
i thought u were talin about string not camping
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
I've been using Super Slinkies for years, without any major breakage. I switched from GHSes and found that they lasted longer and sounded better.

They rust up pretty fast if you dont play it daily, though, but that shouldnt be a problem.
I switched from Super Slinkies to Hybrid Slinkies becuase they are a little bit bigger and after a while Super Slinkies started to sound thin to me.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
I hate Super Slinkies, feels like my guitar strings are shoe laces or something.

12s FTW.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
i use hybrid slinkies, theyve got the 3 top strings from super slinky i think, n they sound great for soloing etc and have great bend, but the hybrids have the bottom strings from regular(?) slinky and so u get balance for powerchords and the like...the perfect set of strings! (much better than beefy slinkies, they gave me the ****s)
i used super slinkies for a while, they were real good. I recently upgraded to regular slinkies because they werent so loose, and i might go up to power slinkies (.11's), especially on my epi LP, but maybe not on the LTD because of the floyd rose.

Slinkies usually last a while, and sound good.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Super Slinkies sounded really light to me, so, I switched to Hybrids..and I love them, but they're damn pricey..$9..
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's