I was thinking about getting the AT, but then I saw the valveking. Is the Valveking any good? Its quite cheap for a tube amp. I play mainly metal, with some classic and hard rock.
^No more than about $600, and thats pushing it. My mom is against me getting a new amp because she thinks mine is fine, but I need a new one to get louder than drums, and gig without using a PA.
Dark metal or bright metal?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The B-52 would cut it, the only thing I have against it is that it severely lacks balls. I've heard it's lots better after a tube swap tho.
Quote by El Codyo
The B-52 would cut it, the only thing I have against it is that it severely lacks balls. I've heard it's lots better after a tube swap tho.

I don't know about the 112 combo but the head and 212 have the Low Resonance control. If you tweak that and the EQ a bit, it gets pretty ballsy.
Quote by jmac72187
I don't know about the 112 combo but the head and 212 have the Low Resonance control. If you tweak that and the EQ a bit, it gets pretty ballsy.

I messed with that low res control a little, and it did gain some low end, just not like I expected. I guess that's cause it was being hailed as the half price recto at GC.
Quote by El Codyo
I messed with that low res control a little, and it did gain some low end, just not like I expected. I guess that's cause it was being hailed as the half price recto at GC.

Ya, well it isn't a recto, but do some tweaking and it is great for $700. You can get great tones for a lot of different styles. You can't really compare it to a recto really because it is like half the price but still a great amp.
Peavey XXX.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Hey, I have a new question now. I just looked for the 5150 on ebay, and I got this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ260025280101QQihZ016QQcategoryZ121161QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Is that a good buy? If I get a cheap cab for the moment (<$250) will it still sound ok? Does anybody know if I can change the ohms on the amp to fit a cab? Also, if the cab is rated for 100 watts, can I put a 120 tube watt head on it, or will it fry it even at the master vol. on like 4?
Quote by thetoastinator
Hey, I have a new question now. I just looked for the 5150 on ebay, and I got this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ260025280101QQihZ016QQcategoryZ121161QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Is that a good buy? If I get a cheap cab for the moment (<$250) will it still sound ok? Does anybody know if I can change the ohms on the amp to fit a cab? Also, if the cab is rated for 100 watts, can I put a 120 tube watt head on it, or will it fry it even at the master vol. on like 4?

So far, that is a good buy. It will be going up to about $500 I am guessing. you can't change the amp to fit the cabs ohms unless the amp has switchable impedence. 120 watts will blow a cab rated for 100 if you really crank it. The amp will sound ok with a cheap cab, but you are better off saving up or borrowing so that you can invest in a nicer cab.