Can someone recommend to me a good book that has pickstyle classical compositions for someone that is relatively new to reading music? I have worked through most of Berklee Modern Method For Guitar Book 1 and really would like an additional something that would challenge my reading abilities. The Berklee book is good and all, but I find many of the songs to be rather dull (although the chord etudes are alright) and would rather learn songs that are more pleasing to the ear (not to mention songs that I could add to my repotoire).

Thanks
Pickstyle classical compositions? Any self-respecting classical player would never play classical repertoire with a pick.

If you want proper classical guitar compositions....

The Charles Duncan "Modern Approach to Classical Guitar" is good. There are three books in the series. Book one is quite easy. Book three takes you to pieces that include roughly grade 8 Royal Conservatory level. Much better series overall than the Aaron Shearer ones that often get used.

Also... and this should be considered "required" for any classical guitarist.... 20 Studies for the Guitar by Fernando Sor, fingered by Andres Segovia. There are some easier pieces in there, and some that are brutally hard. (ie. Grade 10 Royal Conservatory).

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
As above, drop the pick, but also break out the nylon and grow your nails. Get your fingers working as they should - work through Guilianni's 120 right hand exercises here: http://www.g7music.net/cgi-bin/show_score.pl?scoreid=71398&storeid=-2.
Look for a collection of Catalyud's compositions - some of his songs are wonderful, espiecially if you're after a spanish vibe. Also get "Pumping Nylon" for an all-round book for pieces and technique.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Yeah, nylon and nails. After a while, you forget that that even bears mentioning because it is so much assumed. Good points.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Well thanks Axemanchris and National D, but I really don't have any money to purchase a classical guitar at the moment because I just upgraded my amp and guitar (Ibanez Prestige and and a Fender Hotrod Deville...mmmm) and I would destroy my fingers if I tried to play some harder classical pieces on my steel string. And cubedeathk I realize there are more berklee books (I have the second one), I just want something else that is different from those books that has interesting compositions that would be good for reading studies.

So if absolutely no pickstyle classical books exist, does anyone know of any good jazz or blues ones?