I usually just play with the following setup:

Washburn Idol V66
\/[INTO]\/
CryBaby Wah/Wah
\/[INTO]\/
Input on my Behringer V-Amp Pro
\/[INTO]\/
Marshall AVT150 head and 2x12 cab.

This is fine, but i've recently bought the Dunlop Zakk Wylde ZW44. I want to add the pedal to the setup but rig it up so that when I kick in the Zakk pedal the effects from the Behringer cease, then when I remove the Zakk effect the Behringer takes over again.

Anyone know how I can rig this to get it to work?? I do have a small amount(£100 max) extra to buy a few cables/items if needed (but only if needed!) I'm fairly new to using more than one unit/pedal as you can probably tell.

Thanks in advance
Yoda84
Just use an AB switch. Connect the wah to the switch and then the switch to the V-amp and to the ZW44. you will be able to choose which pedal with that.
The only simple way you could do this without just turning one on and the other off would be an A/B Box....

Your chain would go:

................................................... A------> Wylde Overdrive
Guitar ------> Wah-----> A/B Box ...........................................------> Amp
....................................................B------> Behringer

That is the simplest way....

In all honesty, I would just get rid of both of them......the behringer is only killing your tone, and the overdrive is meant for tube amps.....

If anything, keep the wylde, get rid of the behringer.

But it you're set on this stuff, that would work!
But with an A/B box he would then have 2 separate cables going to his amp, would he not? Wouldn't these need to be joined back together at some point?
Quote by J Dub
But with an A/B box he would then have 2 separate cables going to his amp, would he not? Wouldn't these need to be joined back together at some point?

Just get a Y cable.
yea like another a/b box after the two effects but flipped around? and hed have to press both at the same time or something.
You could connect the wah to the Pre DSP Insert loop, but you'll have to use some kind of MIDI controller to negate all other effects in the V-Amp...there's no MIDI connection on the Wylde wah to send a CC to the V-Amp.
I see that a few of you don't like the Behringer....how come?
Any suggestions for a replacement? (remember the £100 budget)

Yoda84
Quote by yo_da84
I see that a few of you don't like the Behringer....how come?
Any suggestions for a replacement? (remember the £100 budget)

Yoda84

Just eliminate it. If you wanted, you could go for a Line6 POD or something like that. But that would probably go over the budget. Just use it for recording or something and eliminate it.
not sure what to do now, could get the a/b splitter and a y-cable or just remove the behringer completly.....but if i remove it completly its going to leave me really short on effects/tones. mmm.

What is it about the Behringer you don't actually like? anything in particular? I've never really noticed anything amzingly awful with it.

When you talk about the Pod, you mean the POD v2 or the POD XT Pro? I could probably stretch to the POD v2, but really want to get a setup where I can switch between effects using pedal's rather than having to bend over or goto my rackmount mid-song.

P.S also have Danelectro Grilled Cheese (Dan_GC) and Danelectro FAB Distortion (Dan_FAB) pedals too (but they dont get used much )

I was maybe thinking of a setup like this just incase I did use them:

........................................................................................ A------> Wylde Overdrive
Guitar ------> Wah-----> Dan_GC----->Dan_FAB----->A/B Box .......................------> Amp
........................................................................................ B------> Behringer

?????

Yoda84
Last edited by yo_da84 at Aug 27, 2006,
Mostly just the amp models. The effects seemed decent to me but there is no good tone in any of the amp models.
If i got rid of the Behringer, you think i could replace it with a few Boss pedals to give me a nice variety of tones. any suggetions? (i play ac/dc, GNR, black label society and some stuff like Billy talent etc too)

yoda84
Whatever you do, dont get the POD. My bands other guitarist uses one, theyre so crap and just ruin your tone. My suggestion would be to get rid of the behringer and pick up a few nice chorus, delay, flanger (that will give you variety!) pedals or something.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT