Canned Heat, mostly known for their hit song "Going Up the Country", are boogie blues at it's finest, like a power packed version of muddy waters or john lee hooker (who they actually collarborated with later)

So who likes them? I've got 3 albums: Hallelujah, Dust My Broom (bootleg of some sort), and One more River To Cross, and it's crazy how lovable and amazing these guys were.

TheHeartBreaker, could you send me Living The Blues? We could trade.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Sure.

Also, as a heads-up, don't be surprised if Derigiberble comes into this thread and starts bitching at you as to why you didn't use the Search Bar.

Remember that "New G-Unit Album!" Thread? That actually about Canned Heat...

Anyways, hopefully this time, though, because you have a title that represents the band rather than a title that gets peoples attention, there won't be a bunch of n00bs saying, "Wow, I thought this actually going to be about G-Unit, lmfao!".
Last edited by TheHeartbreaker at Aug 27, 2006,
Pfft, my thread was sooo much better.

Biatch
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
I like canned heat. i've got the best of (4cd), future blues, big road blues & livin' the blues.
I've only got Hallelujah but I love it to bits.

I really got into them after seeing woodstock.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Awesome.

I have...

Future Blues
Hallelujah
Live in Europe '70
Living the Blues

Pineapple17 - How is Big Road Blues? What's on it?

Also, does anyone know if "A Change is Gonna Come" is on any of their albums? It was one of the songs they performed at Woodstock, and it's awesome.

It's not on any of my albums, though.
Big Road Blues is a whole bunch of covers, but nicely did.

Like bullfrog blues (omg it rocks, offcourse nothing compared to Gallagher's version), dust my broom, dimples, rollin' & tumblin' and so on.

And does anyone know from what year that album is? I guess it's a bootleg from their early years, since I can't find any information about the album and it's sound is really old.

Not my favorite canned heat album, but I'm glad I have it
That's cool.

I actually have a double-disc Greatest Hits, but I don't really enjoy Greatest Hits.

I have listened to it, though, and it has all of those songs you mentioned on it.

I'll see if Wikipedia has anything on Big Road Blues or not.
Well, you got Pretty Thing on your greatest hits too? I think that's my favorite on that album, and wikipedia didn't really give me a answer
i think one of my favorite songs by the is icebag, on livin the blues. i rip such a mean solo to that song.

and the dust my broom bootleg has some great stuff on it. the guitar is pretty damned good.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Quote by Pineapple17
Damn

Btw; how is Live in Europe? Worth of buying?

It's fairly good. The only complaint I have, really, is that at times there is a lot of talking.

Musically, however, the band is great.

They actually performed at a concert with both Deep Purple and Renaissance on at least one of the dates that they recored.
Ah well, talking doesn't even bother me so hard.
I like to listen to what those guys have to say, so I guess I'll give the album a try
me too.

i have an 11 minute interview with jimi hendrix, and five minute interview with the memebers of the experience. coool.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash

TOOL ALERT
Yeah, I feel the same way.

I like to hear musicians say what they want to say.

While I personally don't mind the talking, I know people who do, and that's the main complaint I've heard about Live in Europe.
I only know 3 songs by them-going up the country,on the road again,lets work together
but i like the so i might by an album
This reminds of how much I need to listen to them.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Canned Heat is great. Loved the Woodstock performance. The only album that I have though is a best of.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
Yeah, they're awesome! The albums I've got are :

Future Blues
Big Road Blues
Livin' The Blues
Best of Canned Heat
Boogie with Canned Heat

Also the Montreux DVD. Too bad the Owl couldn't be on it

Anyone here who knows what kind of amp Henry "Sunflower" Vestine used?
It kind of looks like a Fender Twin here but I'm not sure..

Did he use any effects?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymlxjaF9xI
Last edited by FiliphSlim at Apr 13, 2008,
Yeah, the band with it's own sound.

I've got the following albums:

Boogie With Canned Heat
Hallelujah
Rollin' And Tumblin'
Historical Figures and Ancient Heads
The New Age

...and the Montreaux performance on DVD as well.
Every record consists of great stuff with the highlights like, for instance, Change My Ways, Rollin' And Tumblin' or Evil Woman .

Try also the band Crowbar ("Bad Manors") who cares.
Bump!

Love this band. Only in possession of the best of but I'm in the process of aquiring the discography. Can't wait!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Now that it appears as though this thread may be revised (though probably not entirely), what is everyone's favorite Canned Heat song?

Let's Work Together easily. It's bluesy and it's got a great message. What more could you want?
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Let's Work Together is a good song.

My favorite, however, is either Leaving This Town, as performed at Woodstock, or So Sad (The World's in a Tangle), which has an awesome bass line.