Hi, I just got a used seymour duncan invader, since it was cheap I thought it would be a good upgrade to my Ibanez RG321MH. I've looked at the wiring diagrams at the duncan site, but the diagram was a les paul so I'm not totally sure what I should solder what too. I've also tried going on to the Ibanez site, but the link to the RG321MH is broken, not broken but the picture won't load for me. Anyways, the pickup's red and white wires are already soldered and taped together so only the green, black and yellow (which I assume is bare) are out. However when I opened the back of the guitar, I'm kinda confused on what part is what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can always take it to a shop and have them do it for you.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
just solder the wires on that to where the wires of he original pickup are
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
I would take it to a shop but that be a bit expensive especially if its just some simple soldering, for the soldering where the wires were, I was thinking that but when I looked at the guitar, the white wire goes somewhere and the rest just makes it more confusing for me. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it tomorrow if that can help.
Alright, I got the pictures uploaded,

Picture 1: http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guitaryw6.jpg

The upper left circle shows the red wire from the bridge pickup soldered to the 5 way switch, the bottom left circle shows the black and white wires soldered together at another point of the switch, and the rest of the wires are connected to the volume.

Picture 2: http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc000321ph2.jpg

This is the picture of the Seymour duncan, the red and white wires are soldered and taped at the back leaving only the yellow, black and green wires exposed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by benz370 at Aug 27, 2006,
i BELEIVE that the green and the bare go to the volume pot, and the red goes to the selector switch...im pretty sure

Quote by Homer Simpson
Bump, I'm leaning towards the seymour duncan diagram but what i'm not sure is that the red wire should be by itself like the Ibanez diagrams or with the white like in the seymour duncan diagram.
follow the seymour duncan diagram, because i would imagine that the ibanez diagram is soley for the stock pickups

Quote by Homer Simpson
I just soldered the pickup this morning, having the red wire by itself and the white and black together and the rest grounded, it seems like it's working, but how do I know for sure? Thanks for the advice flesh fries by the way.
well if you're getting sound from it, i would imagine its installed properly lol

Quote by Homer Simpson
Always safe than sorry, I don't knw much about how the guitar works so you'll never know. But a confirmation by someone that knows how it works should settle me down.