I've managed to get around $500, and I'm going to use them to get a better guitar (I play a Squier Strat :rolleyes). I only want guitars with trems if they won't get them out of tune (FR or similar). I don't want to change anything in the guitar, just buy them and that's that. I considered getting an amp, but I'm buying in the U.S.A and I live in Uruguay, so I wouldn't be able to bring it here. So far I've looked at:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Fender Standard with FR
- Fender Standard Tele/Strat

I also noticed the Gibson SG Faded, it's in my price range but I found it weird since Gibson SGs are over $1000, does anyone know why Fadeds are so cheap? And are they worth it?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
I have a faded. It's cheaper because is has a satin finish, no pickup covers, and less shiny hardware. It's still a great guitar.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
its a faded special. its the same as the sg special. sg specials are cheaper than standard sgs, but there both good guitars.
i have a les paul classic, was about $525 and i would highly recommend it. i've played my friend's gibson les paul vintage mahogany (which is around $900, so a cheap gibson), and mine blew it away. a gibson standard paul is better, but also 4 times the price
Go with the Ep Les Paul!

I have used those many times before considering my good friend is obsessed with them.
He 's rthym, and I play lead, but I have occasionally use his LP for gigs and it kicks ass.

So yeah, if you want versatility, go for the Epi.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
Quote by Gorilla Fingers
Go with the Ep Les Paul!

I have used those many times before considering my good friend is obsessed with them.
He 's rthym, and I play lead, but I have occasionally use his LP for gigs and it kicks ass.

So yeah, if you want versatility, go for the Epi.

I thought a lot of the Epi, not only because of the things I've heard (Gibson with a different name, praises of various kinds) but also because I'll have enough money left for a wah pedal, but I wanted to ask opinions to know which are better (you can't get any of those guitars here, so I've never played any of them, except the LP that is about $900 here)
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult