ok so i have a Crate xt65r and my headphones were plugged through the speaker extension and i dropped my headphones and heard it hit the ground amplified through the amp. now i can like talk into it and stuff. i didnt know headphones were like microphones.
wow dood thats friggin awesome... can u like play ure guitar and talk into it at the same time?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
^infact, yes they are...its the same principles...

headphones can be used as microphones...

just like any piezzo can be used to make an electro-acoustic guitar (my friend managed to do that using a piezzo he found in a alarm-clock )
Why would you plug headphones into a powered signal? Speaker Ext. sends actual power to power a cab.
Quote by jmac72187
Why would you plug headphones into a powered signal? Speaker Ext. sends actual power to power a cab.

Maybe by mistake?

Some headphones do work 'backwards', as do piezo transducers, as Julvegetal pointed out.
Quote by jmac72187

well since my amp doesnt have a headphone jack why not just plug it into the speaker extension, sound still comes out of the amp but its louder on the headphones and doesnt bug everyone else in the house. =)
Why not plug it into the speaker ext? Because it will probably blow the headphones. Hurt the amp. Pretty much ruin stuff. The speaker ext requires a certain amount of ohms. The headphones probably don't match.
haha
yeah, headphone speakers are literally backwards microhpoones
its a crate though, so dont worry
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
if you have a computer microphone, plug it in the headphones slot, you'll hear sound
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.