Hi guys! im back, with a question of strings. i have no idea what strings to get. i play punk rock, heavy rock, classic rock and "hair rock" if you will (basically every form of heavy-ish rock). i currently use A'Darrio (or however u spell em) XL strings, what kind of strings should i use? thanx in advance (note: not like elixers lol, like the dadarrio strings (price wise))
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Just try out some strings until you find something you like.

i cant, i have no idea on strings, i wish Xenn were here...
i use dean markley blue steels and i play EVERYTHING! they are great strings
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by telemaster1952
i use dean markley blue steels and i play EVERYTHING! they are great strings

holy crizzap theyre cheap? how bout some well known brands.. gotta check my local shops site
are u guys making sure thats right for what i play oh and if you count "hardcore" too, i just call mcr rock
Quote by Arlabester
holy crizzap theyre cheap? how bout some well known brands.. gotta check my local shops site

CHEAP!!!!
What kind of drugs are you on

they are not cheap and very well known
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Is it really that hard to buy different strings and try them yourself? I tried several brands before settling on Markley Sig Series 10's. All of the strings I tried sounded different on my guitar, and these had the sound I liked best. It's just trial and error until you find something you like.
Quote by kylehnat
Is it really that hard to buy different strings and try them yourself? I tried several brands before settling on Markley Sig Series 10's. All of the strings I tried sounded different on my guitar, and these had the sound I liked best. It's just trial and error until you find something you like.

well i know NOTHING, yes thats right NOTHING about strings, so i cant just randomly choose strings

They're cheap enough that yes, yes you can. I stick to my D'addarios. 10-46 and 11-52. The thing about strings is that, it's very, very much personal preferance. I'd suggest giving GHS strings a try as well.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man

They're cheap enough that yes, yes you can. I stick to my D'addarios. 10-46 and 11-52. The thing about strings is that, it's very, very much personal preferance. I'd suggest giving GHS strings a try as well.

there ya see that wasnt hard was it? didnt hurt anyone? thanx ill check em out, i do like my daddario XL's but u know theres other fish in the sea and id like to taste em

yes my shop stocks em, which do you reccomend?
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Daddarios give the best tone and feel for the price....and they are very very reliable!

if i dont find somtin i like more i stick to my XL's

i recently fell in love with the '72 telecaster thinline, are they just used for country? do they work for rock? hard rock? i just played one DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN
elixir's are expensive cause they last so damn long. they hold tone for way longer too. they're good for pretty much anything.

ernie ball strings suck. period.
Quote by scott5150
Man someone needs to make a vid of an armless and legless ethiopian watching a donut roll down the hill, and then he starts using his teeth to pull him towards the donut. That would just be good filmaking right there.
yeh but elixirs are pretty bright ( i know cos ive got 2 sets of their electric strings) currently though ive used some SIT powerwounds and they are actually pretty nice and comfortable and i would use them again
ernie ball are pretty good, but if you get a set that don't feel right you fucked, so maybe ask someone who works at your local shop? but mainly it's up to you with what u feel comfortable with. i've only had to change my strings once, and i used fender strings and they were ok, but i don't reccomend
R E G G A E