Alright so heres the deal. I have one good humbucker to put into a guitar(alnico 2 pro bridge ). The epiphone g400 is 375 canadian dollars. The epiphone les paul standard is 530 canadian dollars. I also want good sustain and thick tone. Oh and also the epiphone les paul standard plain top is the same price but I hear quality is bad. Which would be more worth the price?

Thanks.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
the LP stand. would be a lot better
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
I hear the studio sounds the same as the standard but looks worse. pff its more then 100dollars cheaper. Is it true that it sounds the same? If yes then im going for the studio.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by The Iron Man
Alright so heres the deal. I have one good humbucker to put into a guitar(alnico 2 pro bridge ). The epiphone g400 is 375 canadian dollars. The epiphone les paul standard is 530 canadian dollars. I also want good sustain and thick tone. Oh and also the epiphone les paul standard plain top is the same price but I hear quality is bad. Which would be more worth the price?

Thanks.

uhh the plain top is better. u prolly just heard it doesnt look as pretty, get it, its best non elitist lp
Quote by Arlabester
uhh the plain top is better. u prolly just heard it doesnt look as pretty, get it, its best non elitist lp

I heard the quality is bad on the plain top.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by The Iron Man
I heard the quality is bad on the plain top.

well its not, get one and switch the pick-up, thats actually not a half-bad idea
Some of the things that will affect the sustain are your nut (brass is probably the best) and your bridge (a good solid hardtail or a string-thru like a Tele) having a glued on neck also helps. Another option would be to get one of those Fernandes sustainer guitars, or to have a sustainer fitted to your guitar.
Quote by Mr Songwriter
Some of the things that will affect the sustain are your nut (brass is probably the best) and your bridge (a good solid hardtail or a string-thru like a Tele) having a glued on neck also helps. Another option would be to get one of those Fernandes sustainer guitars, or to have a sustainer fitted to your guitar.

actually for the best of sustain its usually a neck thru that will help you for sustain
The Epi Plain Top is all mahogany- better wood and better sustain, thus better to upgrade.