Agreed,
Passion, Regret not, tattered on my sleeve are also awesome songs. I can't wait to see them live
If you even heard their first CD you would know that This Calling is garbage compared to old stuff. I hate how to added the clean vocals.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by m3t4l fo ree777
They suck now
The calling is the worse song I have ever heard

Maybe you should try to pass an English course in school before speaking(typing). I personally love pretty much all of their stuff. You guys need to realize that bands change over time. If you don't like a bands stuff, then either A) Shut your mouth and stop wasting everyone's time by making us read your crap, or B) Show us what YOU can do. Make a recording that YOU think is better and let the rest of us judge YOU'RE material.

Edit: And I happen to have the This Calling video on my myspace. So obviously I like it also.
Last edited by My_World_Ablaze at Aug 31, 2006,
I've only heard This Calling, got it on a Metal Hammer CD. Any other tracks I should check out before I buy an album of theirs?
I would say my favorite song is "And Death In My Arms" but the new cd is amazing too.
Quote by treflip
I've only heard This Calling, got it on a Metal Hammer CD. Any other tracks I should check out before I buy an album of theirs?

Well, I agree with the person who posted after you. But for your sake and since i'm in a good mood, I'll give you my top 5 list of song by ATR since they are one of my favorite bands at the moment.

Not in any particular order besides the first:
1. The Air That I Breathe
And Death in My Arms
For Salvation
Vicious Betrayal
This Calling

This site has some short clips from all the new cd's stuff, but I strongly suggest going out and buying one of their albums.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/7201180/a/The+Fall+Of+Ideals.htm

Enjoy.
Yea yea, love ATR. Nice heavy ass sound from a drop-D/Stand-D tuning. Hear this calling on Hard Attack all the time, it's good but almost typical with the mix of clean/dirty vocals, but they've matured a lot between discs.

All around favorite has to be deepest grey, goddamn what a fun song to play!

I'll be seeing them in about 3 weeks, if I can get through the Dragonforce set without my head exploding, ****ing hate that band!
Quote by Koronin
but they've matured a lot between discs.

All around favorite has to be deepest grey, goddamn what a fun song to play!

Yeah, they have matured alot since the previous album, including a line-up change. And The Deepest Grey is also one of my favorites, I was contemplating on whether I liked For Salvation or DG better but I went with DG in the end.

And as for you not liking Dragonforce, for what reasons do you not like them? I mean most people just say "I HATE that damn band!", but they never really have any reasons. What are yours?
Quote by Smitty101
but when phil sings clean, its awesome!

I hate to double post, but I had to respond to this one before something else came up. I agree with Thee, haha. I, to be honest, cannot stand when Phil tries to do the very deep, Death Metal-ish vocals during certain songs. He always has his voice dubbed over, and to me that sound is just more there to fill in the song than to be really listened to musically.
I've finnaly decided to see them on the 6th. Can't wait.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by My_World_Ablaze
I hate to double post, but I had to respond to this one before something else came up. I agree with Thee, haha. I, to be honest, cannot stand when Phil tries to do the very deep, Death Metal-ish vocals during certain songs. He always has his voice dubbed over, and to me that sound is just more there to fill in the song than to be really listened to musically.

Its death metalish at all... Death metal is grunts.... lol but besides the point, i think they do good at what they are doing, and shouldnt change their music like slipknot did, Although i still respect slipknot, and they are still my favourite band, but it wasnt the same after IOWA.
Quote by Smitty101
Its death metalish at all... Death metal is grunts.... lol but besides the point, i think they do good at what they are doing, and shouldnt change their music like slipknot did, Although i still respect slipknot, and they are still my favourite band, but it wasnt the same after IOWA.

I know what Death Metal grunts are, and Phil does them in certain songs.
Their new drummer makes me cream my pants. The blast beats are absolutely sick. I wish Fall of Ideals had fewer clean choruses but they aren't all whiny so it's okay. Plus Indictment slays.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
He should really be in a grind band, but I'm happy with him in ATR, haha.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
good point
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive