I've been looking into buying a chorus pedal, and I've seen so many options, I have no idea where to start. I'm looking for a chorus that will sound great on clean while doing some soft open-chording, but will also be nice and funky during muted strumming. I also want one that'll sound good through plenty of distortion. What would you recommend? My price range goes to about $90.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
The Electro Harmonix Small Clone is like $80. I've got one and it's really good.
The Boss Chorus pedal is damn good too it costs $90 on musicians friend.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
^ Yup, both of those are good, though I tried both when I was shopping for a Chorus pedal and opted for the Boss CE-5 (Chorus ensemble) as I found the rate setting, etc more easily controllable, it's also got some basic Hi/Lo cut/boost EQ on it.

Chorus is a very useful pedal to have if you play a lot of clean guitar parts, or if you're ever in a situation where you need to make a sh*tty sounding amp or guitar sound a little less nasty.
I'd reccomend the Danelectro Fab Chorus. It is only about 30 - 40 $ I think (I'm English so im not too sure), and it owns. You can get the right sound from just the three knobs. You should check it out.
the fab chorus looks like the switch would be really annoying to press-- not like the metal ones that stick out like nipples or the boss type ones.
Boss CE-5 is kind of suck.

Electro Harmonix is t3h rox. Small Clone ftw!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
small clone 4TW indeed
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
i third the small clone. Though i have a modded CE-2 and it owns
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
OK: question....

Small clone or CE-2??
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
they are both pretty simple to use i say the modded CE-2 is better but the Small CLone is cheaper. i paid 150 USD for my modded CE-2
I already have a Small Stone, wouldn't it be weird if I had both?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
If you want to you could save up your money like I'm going to and buy a roland cube 60, it has an awsome chorus setting , and it has tremolo , flanger, and phaser. and it has an independent delay and reverb knob, It also has 9 amp models of amps, they are tweed which is like a bass amp model, black panel which is like a blues amp, an acoustic model which is like an acoustic- electric amp, brit combo which is like an iron maiden sounding amp, a dyna amp which gives you a different sound every time you pick different, a classic stack model which is like a marshall full stack, and a metal stack that gives you a heavy metal sound, and last is the rectifier which is the best setting the amp has, and it gives you the most heavy metal or metal sound, This is what I'm going to buy with my money, if you want to look it up go to www. rolandus.com
the only bad thing is the price, it is $325.00 plus tax, but it has free shipping and handling so that is always good, but you have to buy it off of musicians friend,
Last edited by dartz_master at Sep 11, 2006,
the cubes chorus setting isnt awesome. trust me, I have one right next to me.
Quote by Robb987123Bass

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
He doesnt want an entire amp, he wants a chorus pedal Its bit excessive to buy a mediocre amp for mediocre chorus. Not to mention that you generally buy a cube for a high gain and if your in the market for a chorus for FUNK, a cube is basically worthless.

But yeah, Id definitely go with the small clone. True, you do have the small stone (an excellent pedal by the way), the Boss is not only digital, but wont provide the warmth it seems youre looking for.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
i have a boss super chorus and i really like it
also my friend has a electro harmonix small clone and he loves it

id reccomend either
try 'em both out
it means "for the win"

well its pretty much a draw you best bet is go out and try both