How do I even begin trying to figure out playing that on guitar?

how do I know which key, which fret to start on...
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
Just read the sheet music and match it up to the notes on your guitar. play it in first position if you need (first 4 frets). What specifically don't you understand?
yeah im confused on the whole sheet music thing to, i can read the notes cuz i used to do piano but how do we know for example which F to start on
I dont know how to read the notes.
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
ah. On the staff.

I'd explain leger lines n stuff right now, but I've gotta get going. try looking around for a guide to reading sheet music.
Well there's two parts so unless you can two hand tap I'd figure out the treble clef'd staffs first. To figure out the key, you look at the key signiture (b/# signs after the time sig) in this case no #'s or b's so by looking at this, it would lead me to believe the piece is in Cmaj with some accidentals (#'s/b's) thrown in. Now to know what note you need you look at the lines and spaces. On the treble clef (top STAFF) The lines bottom to top are e,g,b,d,f or Every Good Boy Does Fine. The spaces for the treble clef are F,A,C,E or FACE. So you would start, F D F D A F| A F Half rest| Then up an octave. I hope that helped a bit. For the bottom or Bass clef the lines bottom to top are G,B,D,F,A or Good Boys Deserve Fudge Always. The spaces are A,C,E,G. All Cool Elephants Growl. Good luck man.

Edit: I take it back you wouldn't have to two hand tap just pluck two strings at the same time alot, then a little walking bassline run and back to the two strings at a time.
Last edited by magicninja_ at Aug 27, 2006,
I'll try to tab the first 2 measures.

e|--------------2---0--|--2---0------------------------
b|-5--3--5--3----------|-------------------------------
g|---------------------|-------------------------------
d|-0--2--4--2---0---2--|--4---2---0---2---4---2--------
a|---------------------|-------------------------------
e|---------------------|-------------------------------
Last edited by magicninja_ at Aug 27, 2006,
Quote by magicninja_
will someone confirm this correct for me. It's been awhile since I actually read music.

I tabed it out and you got it right as far as i know, it's been awhile since i have read music.
Quote by magicninja_
I'll try to tab the first 2 measures.

e|--------------2---0--|--2---0------------------------
b|-5--3--5--3----------|-------------------------------
g|---------------------|-------------------------------
d|-0--2--4--2---0---2--|--4---2---0---2---4---2--------
a|---------------------|-------------------------------
e|---------------------|-------------------------------

That doesnt look right, the first note is an F, and base B, well I don't thin it's a B because, I'm pretty sure it's read differently with a bass clef, I only learned with treble. Anyway, 5th fret B is E so i do'nt think that is right, maybe it's just all down a fret.

There's already a tab for this:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/legend_of_zelda_-_bolero_of_fire_tab.htm
Last edited by ryansfriend1 at Aug 28, 2006,
Jeeze, you guys should learn to read treble and bass cleff fluently. Bass cleff is read completely different then treble cleff. On the bass cleff the lines are G B D F A, and the spaces are A C E G. So the bass of the first eight beat would be a D, and the lead from the treble cleff would be a F. Here's the first two bars.

E|-------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------
G|-------------------------------------
D|-3-0--3--0--7--3--7--3--------------
A|-5-8-12--8--5--8-12--8-5-8-12-8-----
E|-------------------------------------

You can switch it to different strings for more convenience if you want. Thats just the easiest way to tab it out I know of.

EDIT: Looks like it's in the key of F, with a few accidentels at the end. And sorry for the spelling, I was up late last night and only got 3 hours sleep.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

Last edited by Ernieball at Aug 29, 2006,