..to get a new amp! I play mostly rhythm guitar, and i play mostly Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, Muse, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel (I don't expect you to know them >.<, Trivium, Black Sabbath, Pixies, Pantera, System Of A Down, and the Ramones. I know that's a big list, but i want to end up with the best amp . I want at LEAST a 30 watt amp, and i'm on a £400-£500 (i could save up and stretch to £600). Reccomendations commence... NOW!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
PS, I use a Boss Overdrive Distortion and a dunlop crybaby.

I'd stretch to £600 and get a second hand Marshall 4x12 and and try and pick up a marshall anniversary head. There really versatile and IMO are the best marshall's ever made. Should cover everytin you want. It's got one of the nicest clean sounds ive ever heard, it goes from a plexi crunch to all out metal. I wish I'd never sold mine.
Sounds good, but how much would the marshall anniversary head cost?

Quote by jonnyguitarman
I'd stretch to £600 and get a second hand Marshall 4x12 and and try and pick up a marshall anniversary head. There really versatile and IMO are the best marshall's ever made. Should cover everytin you want. It's got one of the nicest clean sounds ive ever heard, it goes from a plexi crunch to all out metal. I wish I'd never sold mine.

This is off topic too... But it's actually a kinda funny coincidence ^^ Your band randomly added me on myspace the other day and I've neevr gave out my address on here xD
I know.. i sound like a boring old fart, but i don't actally know much about amps, so i do need help.. do you know a good amp for me?

Quote by Metallica708
I know.. i sound like a boring old fart, but i don't actally know much about amps, so i do need help.. do you know a good amp for me?

For £400 - £500 you can get a Marshall DSL401 on GAK... That's probably all I can find that fits your sounds.. http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com
personally, i really like jcm800s, i have played many, but never owned one. they are really nic sounding amps. and it looks like from what bands you like, itll be perfect. on GAK theyr like almost 700. but you can get a used one on ebay in your range i believe. most sell for about under $1000USD i dunno how much in pounds.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.