I really like the Les Paul type, and I can't afford a Gibson. I can't get ahold of either Tokais or Agiles either, seeing as I live in Sweden.

I've been looking into this guitar (Epi LP Goth) and it seems as it's a better choice than a standard one since it's built of mahogany.

With a pick-up change, it could be really good, or?

Oh, and I play mostly classic rock.

Please share thoughts ^^
So for sound and playability, getting a Standard is really a better choice?
Quote by DSrocks
So for sound and playability, getting a Standard is really a better choice?

standards are the best LPs epiphone make, theres a thread on this
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Marshall DFX 30 mg series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

member of the 'i cant spell yngwhey mhalmstreem club'

PM me to join
The Goth is definately a great guitar. The fretboard's ebone, so it's really, really smooth. I also like the satin finish- it's much nicer to have a satin finished neck in my opinion. I'd choose the Goth over the standard, but that's just my personal tastes.
Quote by gazthomas
standards are the best LPs epiphone make, theres a thread on this

No, Elitists are the best Epiphone makes. Besides that, according to Epiphone.com, the Goth LP has an all mahogany body, while the standard has a mahogany/alder body. Mixed woods are almost always a no-no. If you can't afford an Elitist (which you probably can't because they're often $1000+), go with the Goth.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Quote by fitzyfantastic
No, Elitists are the best Epiphone makes. Besides that, according to Epiphone.com, the Goth LP has an all mahogany body, while the standard has a mahogany/alder body. Mixed woods are almost always a no-no. If you can't afford an Elitist (which you probably can't because they're often $1000+), go with the Goth.

yeh Elitists are the shiz but for the money standards are prob his best bet

mine sounds awesome

but if you wanna be emo get a goth
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Marshall DFX 30 mg series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

member of the 'i cant spell yngwhey mhalmstreem club'

PM me to join
I'm definately not emo, but I'll get the Goth. Seeing as the wood is better, it's better to upgrade it. Besides, I think it's a sweet looking guitar ^^

Thanks for the help everyone. Oh, while we're on it... Pickups! Two new fresh humbuckers good for classic rock needs to be put in!

I can quite easily get ahold of Seymour Duncan's and PRS-pickups, but my local store does not sell Dimarzios and others. So an SD or a PRS-recommendation would be fantastic.
Quote by DSrocks
I'm definately not emo, but I'll get the Goth. Seeing as the wood is better, it's better to upgrade it. Besides, I think it's a sweet looking guitar ^^

Thanks for the help everyone. Oh, while we're on it... Pickups! Two new fresh humbuckers good for classic rock needs to be put in!

I can quite easily get ahold of Seymour Duncan's and PRS-pickups, but my local store does not sell Dimarzios and others. So an SD or a PRS-recommendation would be fantastic.

Bridge: Duncan Distortion.
Neck: Duncan '59

That's what I'd do. I'm probably going to have that setup in my RGA121 once I've saved for it.
I checked their official website, those pickups will probably sound fabolous! Thanks alot!
Quote by DSrocks
I checked their official website, those pickups will probably sound fabolous! Thanks alot!

No problem!

I might actually buy a Goth myself and put those pickups in there, you've tempted me. So thanks for that