hello, I love iron maiden and can play a large number of their sogns but on my amp it sounds crummy so i was wondering what distortion pedals iron maiden use or what pedals can create an iron maiden type sound. Thank you
No pedals...
Also, Adrian says there's nothing like getting a 100w classic Marshall with a Strat, that old school style, he says it doesn't compare...

EDIT:
On the mentioning of Adrian, for his type of sound get super-distortion DiMarzzios on a strat. Jackson or Fender, either or.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Well is there an fx pedal out there that cna create a similair type of distortion to iron maiden? Like does the Guv'nor?
ya maidens tone isnt pedals. and i cant think of a pedal that can come close to their tone that i have used. You will need a Marshall power amp and a JMP-1 and you will get their tone very well you can. You could probably get both off ebay for like 700 USD
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
They only started using racks recently. I think in the earlier days it was JMP's and in the 90's they started using 900's. I've seen them use both on stage.
These go to eleven...
Adrian Smith also uses a ADA MP1 pre-amp, or he did.
I think they use the big Marshall duo block power-amps as well.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Don't know. Some of the modelling tones will be fine for practising at home but wont cut it live imho.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab
I use a Line 6 P.O.D 2.0 for practising at my girlsfriend flat and it sounds great through my headphones. I've used one live at a jam as well and I was'nt so impressed, the modelled sound did'nt seem to sound so good loud.

I haven't used that pedal though, go down to your local music shop and try it out.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by rockers73
Don't know. Some of the modelling tones will be fine for practising at home but wont cut it live imho.

Counldnt agree more, great stuff for practicing at home but live there beyond terrible ! (IMO)