Frets: 22
Neck Inlays: Pearloid Sail-Fin
Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ05
Bridge: Tune-O-Matic with Stop Bar Tailpiece
Pickups: Wilkinson® Double Coil x 2
(N) WMSH (B)WMSH
Hardware: Satin Black
Controls: 1 x Volume/ 1 x Tone/ Super 5-Way Lever

Would that make for a guitar that a 14 year old could use (i.e. mostly practicing, no gigs)?
R E G G A E
I'm geussing with all the wilkinson stuff and the poplar body its a vintage, and age has nothing to do with it, I'm 13, I have a Dean baby V, at christmas (I'll be 14 by then) I'm getting an Ibanez S470
its really what feels comfortable.

i'm using a strat copy right now, and ill be 14 in a few months.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
yeh that'd be good for a beginner (at whatever age)
I'd never buy an ugly guitar like those on the site AlGeeEater posted (but that's just my opinion of course).
yea anno i played it and it is a sweet ass guitar, but it doesnt matter what guitar you use, im 14 and i mostly use my carvin ct6m but i have a 1983 strat hm and a maverick species as well
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

i'm 14 and I have a Jackson Soloist, Gibson Flying V, and an Ibanez S2170 Prestige..
Age has nothing to do with it.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
soloist, sweet guitar man, i was gonna get one when i was in america but i had other cities to go to and didnt want to haul it around all day.

Which series is it in?
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

It doesn't matter about the age. If you were concerned with practicing and not gigging, you should worry for your amp.
Sent from my iPad.
hmmm that amp would be just good for bedroom practice but why not get an amp that has real good inbuilt effects so you kill two birds with one stone and if you wanna go gigging the amp is perfectly giggable of course you need to mike it but still
Unless you've been playing a really long time and are one of those frustrating "dad has taught them to play since they were 3" kids, chances are just about anything is enough for a 14 year old. Most people start on a ****ty starter, and then buy something nicer when they are more comfortable with knowing what they want and what feels good. Basically, pick was feels comfortable to you. I got lucky and picked a pretty nice guitar when I started out, and I actually still play it and cant seem to find much that I like more (short of spending a few grand...).
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
I really don't get why all the 14 year olds have great gear.
My SICK rig!:

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

^So much better than my Bullet Reverb!!

Awesome!
Quote by Storrson
I really don't get why all the 14 year olds have great gear.

Rich daddys. I started on a squier and I have a rg350dx that i got for 260usd, I am wanting somthing new but I cant decide what I want, somthing with 24 frets, a floyd like trem, 2 humbuckers, and somthing that handles metal and of course, looks bad ass lol.
Quote by willpulman_172
^^ Just lucky I guess.

Or very spoiled?
My SICK rig!:

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

^So much better than my Bullet Reverb!!

Awesome!