i think someone should do a dragonforce contest :P i wanna hear someone else try and play ''Through the fire and flames'' cos i find it really hard..... so if you can lpay dragonforce stuff start posting here and if you want to sort out the whole contest thing and listen to stuff go for it........................
this is insane.....i mean i agree but not to many a people or guitarist for that matter can just grab their guitar and hit the speed or massive riffs and solos of herman lee......
i seriously doubt this one will ever happen
Herman Li cant play anything outside the studio...

That being said, the song isnt really THAT hard the video makes it look much harder than it is.
have you tried it yourself?
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Its not all impossible. I can do "Dawn Over a New World" and "Heart of a Dragon." Thats pretty much it though.
The songs aren't hard, the rhythms are really easy to play, just the leads are just stupidly fast..bet Herman Li can't even play most of that sutff twice though

Mark-O
In the studio it sounds great...but, live...no comment.
Bombing For Peace...Is Like F-u-c-king For Virginity
Its not that hard if you have a decent technique.......... You cant play for half a hour a couple of times week and expect to be able to play dragonforce solo's............ Ive been playing for about 5 years and for the last 2 years prob 3-4 hours of guitar each day.........

If i had a video camera id film it and post it but i dont have one soo yeah.....
Quote by Mark-O1987666
bet Herman Li can't even play most of that sutff twice though

Mark-O
Of course he can't, he improvises.
Currently Addicted to: Power Metal
Quote by garden of grey
Herman Li cant play anything outside the studio...

That being said, the song isnt really THAT hard the video makes it look much harder than it is.

Silly woman.
I have seen him dozen of times, and trust, i know its a cliche, but it honest to god it isnt him, its Sam, and that doesnt mean Sam is crap, it just he drinks and doesnt warm up pre-gig. And if anyone who saw them pre-metal hammer will tell you they owned the stage.
But please lets not turn this into one of those horrid "WHY DO DRAGONFORCE SUCKAZOID?"
Can anyone actullay play "through the...." i can get down Herman's first solo, but in saying that at times the timing slips, so i cant truly say i can play it.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
I ca do part of the solo in through the fire and the flames. A bit into though I'll forget what I'm doing and screw up so badly. It's kind of funny actually.
Quote by MidnightHours
I ca do part of the solo in through the fire and the flames. A bit into though I'll forget what I'm doing and screw up so badly. It's kind of funny actually.

You will have to be more clear mate,
Cos theres two lead interludes, then they take it in turns to solo before returning to a dual harmony section
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
You will have to be more clear mate,
Cos theres two lead interludes, then they take it in turns to solo before returning to a dual harmony section

I'm talking the main solo. I just play a bit of both sams and hermans. Can't play it in full. It's like when I was first learning to play metallicas jump in the fire, I had trouble with some parts on the outro solo. I doubt I'd be good at playing the dragon force stuff anymore, I stopped playing shred and went to blues and frankly I like it better.
Quote by insideac
Ill do Soldiers of the Wasteland, or through the fire and flames

Do through the fire more memorabal in my view
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
if i record super nintendo music and submit that will it work?
I'm so gothic i poop bats
Quote by SkaterD2002
if i record super nintendo music and submit that will it work?

No, but to be fair some of taht stuff is hard to play try some Contra, i dont know if that was on nintendo, but some good tunski's
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
i would try to do some dragonforce but with my recording equipment (audacity and a microphone from the video game "karaoke karaoke revolution") i think it'd all be buzz at the end beacuse of all the tracks i'd have to make
but im going to get a line 6 toneport kb37 come december so i might give it a shot in the new year
Quote by soccermom
Silly woman.
I have seen him dozen of times, and trust, i know its a cliche, but it honest to god it isnt him, its Sam, and that doesnt mean Sam is crap, it just he drinks and doesnt warm up pre-gig. And if anyone who saw them pre-metal hammer will tell you they owned the stage.
But please lets not turn this into one of those horrid "WHY DO DRAGONFORCE SUCKAZOID?"
Can anyone actullay play "through the...." i can get down Herman's first solo, but in saying that at times the timing slips, so i cant truly say i can play it.

he cant even play the solos live though...
watch his g4 video and he screws up a lot in it, but hes not as bad as sam or anything. When sam is bad, he is BAD. Ive seen videos where hes too drunk to play the correct power chrods through a whole chorus
yeah, as if anyone here can play TFF..... I'm sure its possible to get parts of it done, but youve gotta have some kickass mixing and arranging capability do get it to sound like their recording. I mean cmon, they cant even play their own song live.
i can do Valley of the Damned without the solo but i can't make intro sound right so i have to do rythm
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
i think there's a loophole everyone's been missing. no specific rules are really in place, save for being dragonforce but everyone seems to wanna try playing a song. no doubt someone could do the vocals to a song seeing and that's recording too :P
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Ganey
i think someone should do a dragonforce contest :P i wanna hear someone else try and play ''Through the fire and flames'' cos i find it really hard..... so if you can lpay dragonforce stuff start posting here and if you want to sort out the whole contest thing and listen to stuff go for it........................

Well we all know it won't happen and you don't say too enthusiastic(no offence)

Not saying nobody can play them but not many can!
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins