Hello People

I'm looking for some good advice and the only place i could think of was this forum so here i go:

I have just passed my GCSE's in england and to my surprise lots of my family gave me some cash and overall i have a budget of £500 TOPS! to buy a nice new guitar, i currently have an Ibanez RGR320 but im guna sell it.

(a) What do you want to buy? Been looking around lots of different websites and only found one guitar that looks good, the SCHECTER C1 HELLRAISER which is £449.99.

(b) What is your budget? 400- 500£

(c) What type(s) of music do you want to play? Rock/Hard Rock/Metal/Hardcore

(d) I have a Line6 spider 2 150w amp along with the line 6 cab.

(e) Erm ive been playing for 9months (seems short) but i can play MAster of Puppets clean and fast and various other riffs.

(f) I bought my Ibanez RGR320 for 250£ with free P & p, im pretty sure that was a good deal because i have 2buyers who are willing to buy it for 300£ , i would prefer to buy it new but if second hand was in good condition i may. I would really appreciate if you could tell me a website which does cheap prices too

I hope thats all the info you guys

Thanks,

perry howarth
Well I'd sugest an ESP LTD EX-400 or Viper 400 , those are some fine metal axes, and if I can get them for 750 euro in Belgium, it should be in your price range.
Orange Enthousiast.
Ibanez RG370DX...good guitar...although u shuldnt even be upgrading yet but whatever...
Congratulations on passing your GCSE's (gosh I can't believe they still have those around.. I took the IGCSEs myself back in the day)

(£500 is ~$950 USD)

(a) For that price, I would get an used 50th American Deluxe Strat. Great price, great features, nice stock configuration and I lurve the case.

However, the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser sounds pretty good too. However for that price you might be getting a bit ripped off. If you have a relative/friend in America..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105&src=HC004 (and it's only $650, so that leaves you $300 for whatever else you might want).

The 24-frets and EMGs sound pretty nice, I don't have any experience with the guitar but the description sounds pretty good.

(b) I already have guitars around that budget, if I am looking to buy up I will probably get either a Gibson or Fender custom.

(c) I play Rock/Hard Rock/Classic Rock with some Blues once in a while, looking to get better at Blues/Jazz!

(d) I have a Epi Valve Head, Avatar 1x12 cab with greenbacks, a Nano Head, a Fender Champ, and a bunch of crappy solid state amps. I don't gig much as you can probably see. Honestly, for the tone I would only consider tube amps (but they tend to get really annoying with the upkeep, maintainance and the whole warming up bit).

(e) I've been playing on and off the guitar for the last 12 years or so. Personally I consider myself a musicians more than a guitarist. My 'main' instrument is my piano!

(f) Do your buyers know they're getting ripped off?
Ibanez JS100

Best looking guitar out there and it's fully equiped to deal with any sound you wanna make.
Dave Tither
would you consider another ibanez??? the rg1570 is a fantastic guitar for the money and your type of music
Man kills everything
My parents gave me my 500 quid GCSE money back in April, so I spent it on a Randall RG50TC, a Boss ME-50 and I bought myself an Ibanez GRG170DX from some money I had saved. Never looked back since.
Quote by willpulman_172
If you look around, try and get an Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye, because they look hella cool

And this guy obviously has an IQ in negative figures. Looks is the last thing you should look for.

Go for this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=66925

It's the reason I'm getting a job. Try it, it's like a 6-stringed orgasm made of wood.
Wow, i didn't think i would get so many good responses back in such a short amount of time.

Ill just digest the information check out the spec's and repost in a while, THANKYOU for the posts guys!
I would suggest an ESP LTD guitar, the viper or EX-400, as the other guy said, are about right, price-wise. They're good quality, I'm actually looking into getting one myself.
Quote by Aidy Damage
And this guy obviously has an IQ in negative figures. Looks is the last thing you should look for.

Go for this:

It's the reason I'm getting a job. Try it, it's like a 6-stringed orgasm made of wood.

hes right, its fantasticly orgasmic, and I'm not easy to please.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Get a tube combo, Amp > Guitar
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
"And this guy obviously has an IQ in negative figures. Looks is the last thing you should look for.

Go for this:

It's the reason I'm getting a job. Try it, it's like a 6-stringed orgasm made of wood."

Wrong! Looks are very important when you buy a guitar. If you don't like the way your guitar looks then you're not gonna want to pick it up and play it and it'll embarrass you playing it on stage. If you get something that looks kick ass, you're gonna want to pick it up and play it all the time!
Dave Tither
But if you get something that sounds great, no one will care. Except you [^^] of course. Like Parker guitars, they don't look nice at all, but they are the best soundin guitars apart from customs...so..there. And I would buy a flamingo pink relicd USA strat.
--
I'm surprised nobody noticed he had a Spyder stack...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Joranges
Congratulations on passing your GCSE's (gosh I can't believe they still have those around.. I took the IGCSEs myself back in the day)

(£500 is ~$950 USD)

(a) For that price, I would get an used 50th American Deluxe Strat. Great price, great features, nice stock configuration and I lurve the case.

However, the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser sounds pretty good too. However for that price you might be getting a bit ripped off. If you have a relative/friend in America..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105&src=HC004 (and it's only $650, so that leaves you $300 for whatever else you might want).

The 24-frets and EMGs sound pretty nice, I don't have any experience with the guitar but the description sounds pretty good.

£500 may be equal to $950 but that is not how the prices work, the dollar is worth very little at the moment so it seems like Americans have everything cheap but to them it is not. So a £500 guitar would probably be equal to a $750 guitar because that is what the conversion rate used to be. Also Schecters are very hard to get hold of in the UK so a Hellraiser for £450 is very good, because it is Mahogany and EMGs, which usually a guitar equipped with those in the UK would cost around £500+.

I would say the Hellraiser would be a very good option but if possible try and play on a schecter because they have thicker necks than Ibanez/Jackson/ESP so you might not like it.

The only place I know that has schecters is in central london, there is a music store underneath a Virgin Megastore near Oxford Street I think. Not too sure on that.
Bare in mind that E-Commerce and the Internet's popularity has sprung up so much in recent years.. your only dealers are not the ones that are within your country/nation. If you're looking for new gear, it would be foolish that one would only consider dealling locally.

Put it this way..

Say you changed your pounds to dollars, you would have ~$950 (Let's say you used $50 on pop /changing the currency/bubble gum). So that leaves you with $900 to spend.

You buy the guitar from Musician's Friend and send it off to a friend. Free shipping within the US. You have $350 left.

You give your friend money to ship the guitar to you. It'll probably cost around $100 with a decent courier. You have $250 left. You saved yourself ~130 pounds. You can buy more bubblegum, hurrah!
Yeah but there is a high chance of customs opening up the package then charging for the priviledge and possibly adding VAT.
Schecters are not hard at all to get hold of. SoundControl are the only company that ship them but they happen to be the largest music chain in the UK, so there. We had 3 in teh guitar shop I was working in, and that was just on display.
i also had that shipping idea about the friend, but iT's NOT WORTH IT.
--
Quote by RandomHeroJr

The only place I know that has schecters is in central london, there is a music store underneath a Virgin Megastore near Oxford Street I think. Not too sure on that.

Sorry for double post, this is true, but also go around the corner to Turnkey music, up the stairs inside to Soho Soundhouse, they are owned by soundcontrol and stock Schecters too
--
Schecter hellraiser c-1 with or with out the fr set up, all the way. why you ask! for the money they have much better pickups (active)
if you dont mind buying second hand you could easily get a nice ibanez off of ebay for that price :-)
Now why the hell would you revive a 3 month old thread?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Aidy Damage

Rights

I Love the RGA121

I'm thinging of one of them or an SG Special by gibson

Deff a god choice is the RGA mate
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Dave2210
Ibanez JS100

Best looking guitar out there and it's fully equiped to deal with any sound you wanna make.

you're a toolbag, the js100 is shit. you're paying way too much for the name, and rg1570 is a much better proposition.

Quote by willpulman_172
If you look around, try and get an Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye, because they look hella cool

good god no!

Quote by Dave2210
"And this guy obviously has an IQ in negative figures. Looks is the last thing you should look for.

Go for this:

It's the reason I'm getting a job. Try it, it's like a 6-stringed orgasm made of wood."

Wrong! Looks are very important when you buy a guitar. If you don't like the way your guitar looks then you're not gonna want to pick it up and play it and it'll embarrass you playing it on stage. If you get something that looks kick ass, you're gonna want to pick it up and play it all the time!

bullshit, if the guitar sounds and plays craply, and won't stay in tune, you're going to look like a tool on stage.

what the hell is this, noob central?

that rga is nice, p3rry, by the way, but I'd go with a new amp myself- or else spend what you're getting for the ibanez on a new guitar (unless your £500 includes what you're getting for your ibanez).

If it doesn't, you can get a nice amp and nice guitar for around £800... for £500, it's harder, but still possible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Gregray88
Ibanez RG370DX...good guitar...although u shuldnt even be upgrading yet but whatever...

the trem on that = fail. avoid it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This thread is super old... the TS probably bought a guitar already
^ good god, good point! that was a super-bump up there, eh?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^You betcha :P

It's unfortunate you gave all this super handy advice 4 months later.
I just got myself a Ibanez s470 and i love it, you can get it from gak for £325 and then use the spare to get some decent pickups in it. I got the Dimarzio PAF joe in the neck and the Dimarzio MO'JOE in the bridge. It really sounds lush on my Vox AD30VT. Plus The ZR trem is great and will keep you in tune for ages.