Which Marshall did(do) they (Hanneman/King) use?
Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
jcm 800.

kerry king uses an EMG equpied V into his 10 band eq with a gain boost into a jcm 800.

hanneman uses his emg equiped superstrats straight into a jcm 800.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Thanks, did they use 800's on Reign in Blood?

Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
^Highly Likely

I'm pretty sure they both use JCM800's, though after looking at the marshall site earlier, It seems to imply Jeff uses Marshall Rack Preamps and Poweramps
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Do you know where I can get info on their rigs both past and present?
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
well they may have switched now.

but when they were starting, and up untill recently, all they really had to use was the jcm 800. and i think they stuck with it throught the 90's.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

ok, so theoretically if I got an old JCM800 and a B.C Rich I could get pretty damn close to a Reign in Blood tone?
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
only if you can turn the volume up to 11. you might opt for a 900 with a boost for that kind of gain and useable volume levels.

and any EMG equiped guitar should do the trick really. preferably mohogany body.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Right, so a 900 with a boost...I have an epiSG....It's made out of mohogany so I could get an 81 for it. What about an HZ4?
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
Quote by Nick_Rennette
ok, so theoretically if I got an old JCM800 and a B.C Rich I could get pretty damn close to a Reign in Blood tone?

No. But if you bought a JCM 800, some kind of gain boost and an ESP with EMGs you caan get the tone of Hanneman, and Kings tone is almost the same. But I'm pretty sure they have modded their JCMs quite a bit.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Essh, that could get pricey. Thanks.

Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
Quote by Nick_Rennette
Right, so a 900 with a boost...I have an epiSG....It's made out of mohogany so I could get an 81 for it. What about an HZ4?

Well Either an 800 or 900 with a boost should get you close to the tone, though I think the 900 has more gain

And if you want to get (Active) EMG's you'll have to replace the neck and the bridge pickups, you can't really mix Active and Passive pickups. The HZ4 is passive but isn't supposed to be as good as the Active ones. I tried one before In a Les Paul and thought it was okay but I was trying out an amp at the time and wasn't really concentrating on pickups

EDIT: If you went for an ESP LTD 400 (Something with 400 in the name) It would come with Active EMG's stock, though they're pretty expensive
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Aug 27, 2006,
yeah, they don't have stock JCM800's. they're heavily modded, just like Zakk Wydle's.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Ok, thanks
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
For information on the past and present rigs try http://www.guitargeek.com just search for slayer and it should have something on them.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Slayer have been using JCM 800s from the very beginning. As states, King runs his signature KFK 10-band EQ in the effects loop of his main head. And he uses his custom BC Rich guitars with an EMGs and the the EMG PA2 gain booster. Hanneman some effects processors in his rig too, and his signature ESP guitars with EMGs and the EMG SPC booster. Unlike the current line of ESP JH signature guitars, Jeffs's guitars are actually maple instead of alder.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor