Hi, my guitar has a buzz on the A and D strings, first i thought i wasnt pressing them down hard enough but i pushed till i had marks in my fingers and they still buzzed, i tried adjusting the bridge but didnt help...

help appreciated
PSN name = Barmanation
What kinda guitar do you have? is it just on certain frets or all of them? and can you hear the buzzing when playing through an amp?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I was thinking that it could have been the same problem as i was having, the springs in my tremolo were buzzing but obviously since you have a Les Paul, this can't be the problem. it could be a loose connection in the lead going into your guitar, maybe try a different lead
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
I was thinking that it could have been the same problem as i was having, the springs in my tremolo were buzzing but obviously since you have a Les Paul, this can't be the problem. it could be a loose connection in the lead going into your guitar, maybe try a different lead

im a bit of a guitar noob... what is a lead?

btw the buzz is on all frets, yeah
PSN name = Barmanation
The lead going from your guitar to your amp, the cable. although if its only on two strings it could be a problem with your pickups, how old is the guitar?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Try changing your strings. If they are dirty, or rusty, then they might ring or buzz.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
well the guitar is like 5 months old and the strings are 2 weeks old so i doubt it would be any of those.
PSN name = Barmanation
I went to Guitar Center yesterday to try out some new guitars. A lot of them buzzed a lot, a few only a little, and even less never buzzed at all. I have a very old Kramer guitar that buzzes a little. I don't have an amp yet so I don't know how it will sound through an amp.
well the thing is, i've brought it to the guitar shop twice already and told them it buzzed, they phoned me and told me it was good but they still buzzed, not as bad as before but still a slight buzz, which is just as annoying because it nibbles on you =[

also, it's not because i play to hard either!
PSN name = Barmanation
want to learn. just try raising the strings a little. i know u said u adjusted the bridge, but unless the buzzing is across the board, thats usually all u need.

if u loosen the screw on top of the arrow. it will loosen the whole post and let u move the thumbwheel up a little. that will lift ur strings a little.

you do this to compensate for a high fret. (or two)
logz pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 1, 2006,