can i get a JF clean tone from a marshall super lead?
even though he uses a jubeliee and marshall major?

ps. im buying the plexi this week!!!
I have the 1959 SLP 100 watt, plus a '93 strat and I can get an awesome RHCP tone. I like to have treble and mid around 6, and bass around 4ish. Then on the guitar, the bottom tone knob at 3 and the middle one around 5. I don't like to put the volume on my guitar at 10 for this tone, it makes it... harsher. Use the neck pickup works the best for this.

Thats the setup I use, and it works great for me.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
get a wah pedal and a phaser....electro harmonix big muff pi is for the fuzz.....the hard distortion is a boss bs-2 or ds i forget but those r all that he uses....for californication and by the way
Quote by rhcpfrusciante
get a wah pedal and a phaser

Could you be more specific on the kind and whatnot?

And wtf, how did you even find this thread, its a million years old.
And Eternity in an hour
Ibanez WH-10 wah. This pedal is supposed to be really good but breaks easily and its $300. I recomend a vox, it will work well for what you want. For the fuzz, big muff like the other guys said. Get a ds-2 or a ds-1 for the distortion. You probably can't really afford his other fx because they're moog and moog is EXPENSIVE, $700 delay anyone?
the just for the record becasue i'm wondering the same question you can get the great john frusciante tone out of a Dsl/Tsl
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
^Not really, you might be able to get a usable tone...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
you could, say from the the clean tone, but thats about it.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeah. the clean on the DSL (after alot of eqing) still sound similar to a 800 clean. not quite as vintage as a plexi clean.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I can get a sweet chili's tone outa the dsl, but the distortion isnt even close to he's..
Ibanez WH10 did not cost me anywhere near $300...

But you'll need 2 if you want his exact wah tone.. one before the distortion and one after.. And a Big Muff PI with an MXR Micro Amp on all the time.. PReferably a 1962 or a 1957 Strat.. oh and maybe play your guitar religously every day adn study every musician ever.
Quote by Matticuss22
Ibanez WH10 did not cost me anywhere near $300...

But you'll need 2 if you want his exact wah tone.. one before the distortion and one after.. And a Big Muff PI with an MXR Micro Amp on all the time.. PReferably a 1962 or a 1957 Strat.. oh and maybe play your guitar religously every day adn study every musician ever.

How much did it cost you? And does he really leave the micro amp on all the time?
He doesn't always have the Micro Amp on, he uses it whenever he's using the Muff for a solo, or most of the time he uses his Muff.
Don't be afraid to care"

so to answer my own thread can i get a JF clean tone from a marshall super lead?

yes i bloody can and it rocks!! buy a plexi they rock1
Quote by The_0thersid3
so to answer my own thread can i get a JF clean tone from a marshall super lead?

yes i bloody can and it rocks!! buy a plexi they rock1

Congrats! 1959 Marshall SLP is the only way to go
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by rhcpfrusciante
not to sound stupid but what is a plexi??

An old Marshall tube amp, called a 1959 SLP (super lead plexi)

I can't remember why its called that, probably something to do with plexiglass, but I'm not sure. Anyways, Hendrix used one, John from RHCP does, Page had a modded one, and lots of other people (including me ) They have the best tone ever. For anything.
And Eternity in an hour
^Not for Gothenburg bands !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by iain4444
John from RHCP does

He used to during BSSM, not now though.
Don't be afraid to care"

^ You knows the John, dude...
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
^Right on.

Maybe too much.....NO! you can never know John too much.
Don't be afraid to care"

^ You think he knows the John?

Ive devoted the last 3 or 4 years of my guitar playing life to learning everything he has ever played, He's my favourite guitar player ever. My rig even slightly resembles his (Despite the lack of Marshall and Moog.)

BUt me and R_H_C_P know the John the most
Trying to outdo me?

I have John locked in my wardrobe.
Don't be afraid to care"

^haha no my man im not.

Im saying you know as much as i do and vice versa

I know hardly anything about album history wheras you know alot, and i know alot about his gear etc.

Apolgies my friend.