Hey all,

I've seen Humbuckers in a form of Single Coil pickups....I was just wondering if they sound the same as "standard" humbuckers....?????

I'm planning on replaceing the bridge single with a hum-in single on my Strat!!! Is this a good thing to do, or I better put on a standard hum???

thx
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
what? post some pictures of what you mean
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
what? post some pictures of what you mean

I think he wants to put a single coil sized humbucker such as a seymour duncan hotrail in the birdge of his strat,
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
you're talking about stacked single coils right? They do sound closer to a humbucker, much less noise than single coils, but not quite the same girth as a humbucker. You also lose some of the qualities that make a single so good, so it's a tradeoff. If you have the room already(meaning it's routed for humbuckers), I would just go with a humbucker. The stacked singles are really good if your guitar isn't routed for a humbucker, and you would actually need to route wood to fit one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids