My brother is considering buying an epiphone B-Stock Les Paul with either an Ebony or a Cherry Sunburst finish. He has asked me and my father both what B-Stock means, and we're not exactly sure, so does anyone here know why it's considered a B-Stock? We all just figured that there was some small defect that was hardly noticeable, but thats a guess. Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks.
Thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure it isn't second-hand, but I could be wrong. Besides, I think second-hand is called refurbished.
I think it means that it was the year beore's model. I'm not sure though, contact the dealer.
Sent from my iPad.
it just means that there is a small cosmetic flaw; usually like a little scratch.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Usually B-Stock Epiphones started life in the Gibson plant, but didn't meet the QC requirements and were sent across the street to Epiphone.
OK...Im SSJ Lance's brother so...im getting confused,most people are saying its a minor or horrible flaw.could someone please help me find out?
(my brother was already loged in so i used his account)

Also,dose anyone have an LP-100 and could help me decide agienst the B-stock and that?

Thanks.
Last edited by SSJ_Lance at Aug 28, 2006,
I wouldn't bother with the LP-100, and b stock simply means it has a cosmetic scratch.
Originally posted by sprkidjar
Sounds pretty good. The bass sounds weird. The vocals were good, except for the part where you screamed, you sounded like Elmo.
These are products that have been completely refurbished and tested by their manufacturers to meet original factory specifications.

thats musiciansfriend.com's definition of B-stock ^^
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
The last b-stock Epi LP Standard I saw had a paint smudge on the binding near the cutaway and the binding was crooked by a bit. Basically, it was wavy. It sounded AMAZING though.

And Colin617, could you tell me where you got that info? Because the B-stock Epi LP Standard I played sounded THAT amazing. It wouldn't shock me if what you said is true.

If it was a reliable source, I may just have to order a b-stock Epi LP Standard from Musician's Friend!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Well I think he was joking, plus even the epi elitists lack the same laquer that gives gibsosns their shine and appealing look (well, for the middle and high end ones anyways).
^True...but that Epi I played sounded THAT good.

If only I hadn't been so concerned with the messed up binding...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar