Page 1 of 3
im thinkin bout getting a duncan invader for the bridge in my jackson dxmg, would it work with the emg in the neck? (i dont really know much about guitars.... yet)
i dont think you can put just ONE emg in a guitar, you need both or it doesnt work.
btw, the invader kicks ass, and alot of people are going to say otherwise, just to let you know
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Not unless it's a passive EMG, the invader is passive and you can't mix active and passive pickups.

What EMG is it?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
No, you can have just one. But having an active/passive combination doesn't sound very good, from what I hear. Danzig: EVERYONE hates the invader. It's a bad pickup, as far as I'm concerned. And yes, I have owned one, so I'm not just conforming. It's muddy and weak?it just doesn't sound very good. Obviously, you want one because Synyster Gates uses them. If you really want it, go for it. But you said it yourself, you don't know much about guitars, so you're just getting what your favorite guitarists use, which is fine. Go ahead and try that combo, but make sure you have enough cash to buy new pickups within 24 hours of that purchase. You'll be wanting to switch them back out again.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I think it's only the Active EMG's that have the different wiring, The HZ's are passive

Don't forget, the Bogner Uberschall Synester Gates uses contributes more to his sound than his pickups
umm well synyster gates guitar sells for 1300 bucks and it has invaders. and his sound is ****ing awesome. i dont see why u say they sound muddy and weak. maybe theyre just not ur style?
well i gotta roland cube 30 at the moment. i just think the invaders would sound alot better than my emgs.
^No, it's just their $2000-3000 amp (not including cabs)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by SynysterA7X
umm well synyster gates guitar sells for 1300 bucks and it has invaders. and his sound is ****ing awesome. i dont see why u say they sound muddy and weak. maybe theyre just not ur style?

wow...
Thats a ****in' rip off..
You could get an Ibanez Prestige for that price..
and I know I'd take my S2170 over that any day..
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
lol i know thats pretty expensive for the guitar, but all i know that he sounds awesome. k so if the invader sucks, then what would u reccomend? for that kinda music( metal synyter gates, metallica....)
if not the invader maybe a duncan distortion, although its almost identicle to the invader
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
if not the invader maybe a duncan distortion, although its almost identicle to the invader

no it isnt, that couldn't be any more wrong. THe only similarities are the ceramic pups and being a Duncan.

Distortions are bright and articulate with moderately high output, invaders are very dark and muddy with more output.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
yeah and dont think that the invader ur buying off the shelf is going to be the same invader that syn is using
^Maybe it is, but the threadstarter does't have an Uberschall.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
and ill im lookin for is a bridge pickup that has high output and sounds good for metal and rock, and can do those whiney solos that syn does =)
Quote by SynysterA7X
y would u say that they rnt the same as syns??

Sometimes when a Guitarist endorses a pickup, the one they use may be hand wound or of general better quality than the ones for sale given to them by the company
Oh man am i ****ing smart lol...i was the one who said they probly arent the same invaders as syns, i checked his guitar out on the schecter site..look at this shat:

PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders

ooooooooooo snaaap! lol...there ya go
High out put, high gain pickup for metal and rock? Look no further than the DiMarzio X2N.

Bow chicka wah wow.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by SynysterA7X
and ill im lookin for is a bridge pickup that has high output and sounds good for metal and rock, and can do those whiney solos that syn does =)
I had an Invader in a Gibson flying V, waxed to fight feedback. I strongly disliked both the the pick-up and the guitar.

I had one active EMG in a Gibson explorer, and the EMG was cool, but that was 2-strikes-out for Gibsons.

I had one active EMG in an imported BC Rich Mockingbird, whose neck was sweet, but whose tone was very lame. (Had a warlock bass too--2-strikes-out for imported BC Rich's.)

Currently a have a Taiwan-Squier Strat, and a Mexican-Fender Strat, both with stock pups. I use pos. 2 & 4 and I LOVE these guitars. The one mod I'd make is a fixed bridge, 'cause when you palm-mute, the note tends to go sharp a bit.

I hope this info is helpful. (It only took me about 25 years to learn!)
Currently co-designing a powerful, analog Eq-Amp-Sim. with www.dreamtonefx.com. (PM me for details rather than Dreamtone please.)
Quote by d_byrne23
Oh man am i ****ing smart lol...i was the one who said they probly arent the same invaders as syns, i checked his guitar out on the schecter site..look at this shat:

PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders

ooooooooooo snaaap! lol...there ya go

It says their custom because the colours are different...the screwes are white/silver and the body of the pickup is black...which is different from the normal invaders.

O Snap
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
for the person that said they are custom invaders... they arent. theyre just customized by duncan to have the chrome thingers on them... "custom invaders"
OK let me cleanthis up. The Invaders DO SUCk not maybe no it SUX. muddy as hell and just overall crap. Syns tone comes from his amp not his pick ups. The only thing that will clean up a **** pick up like that is a very badass amp hence why he uses bogners. Its a 3000 USD head thats syns tone not his pick ups. i guarentee you through a cube 30 that will sound like dog ****. If you looking for syns tone and a metallica tone might as well get EMGs or a Duncan Fullshred in the bridge and a jazz in the neck
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Id Say go with an EMG, They sound the best (IMO) compared to some of the other pickups. The wiring isnt at all weird im 17 and i just put 2 in my Ibanez SZ720. IF you know someone that can put them in itd be awesome, save u a few bucks. But all in all i think the EMG's are deffinately a very good choice for metal. Just my 2cents
Member #18 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!

SZ720FM w/ EMG 81/85
Digitech GNX3000
Randall Warhead Combo
D'Addario .11's
yeah ok whatever, if i could prove syns are different i would, but like seriously..if someone here thinks that they are gunna buy invaders which are absolutely horrible horrible pups and get his tone they are sadly mistaken, go take a squier bullet and put it through a bogner and its still gunna sound amazing, I had an invader in the the jackson dk-2 i had and it was the reason i sold the guitar, it was that bad of a pickup..muddy, toneless, its absolutely horrible
your EMG probably sounds bad cuz its an HZ, get an active one...invaders+uberschall= good, invaders+anything else= meh...EMGs+anything else> invaders+anything else.
Go get your shovel.
adding invaders to the uberschall is like adding negative numbers. Thats why the equation came out good and not great.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
anything added to an uberschall would sound good. my point was EMGs are better. active ones that is. although, i wouldnt be surprised if the HZ sounded better too. im gonna have to compare them side by side.
Go get your shovel.
or if you want passive emg's go for the hz's

and synyster is switching to mesa soon
"Bogner is a bunch of cheap ****s" -Synyster Gates
Synster's sound is awesome? I guess if you like MIDI music?
My SICK rig!:

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

^So much better than my Bullet Reverb!!

Awesome!
Quote by Storrson
Synster's sound is awesome? I guess if you like MIDI music?

yeah, cuz uberschalls sound so terrible /end sarcasm.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
yeah, cuz uberschalls sound so terrible /end sarcasm.

Yes, because by insulting a guitarist, I am AUTOMATICALLY saying all of his gear sucks. Billy Joel Armstrong is horrible, so therefore ALL of Gibson sucks. You make complete sense!!!
My SICK rig!:

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

^So much better than my Bullet Reverb!!

Awesome!
Quote by Storrson
Yes, because by insulting a guitarist, I am AUTOMATICALLY saying all of his gear sucks. Billy Joel Armstrong is horrible, so therefore ALL of Gibson sucks. You make complete sense!!!

well thats not what i was saying you were doing. if you say a guys tone sucks, then you thats pretty much like saying his amp sucks. i mean, your amp is like 90% of your tone. soooooo, i really dont know where you are going with that.
Go get your shovel.
Page 1 of 3