It depends, What type of music do you play?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
What exactly do you mean by '80's metal'?, Some people consider it Motley Crue, some Metallica and Megadeth and some Morbid Angel
I'd say that amp could handle that, though the cleans aren't the best. There are a lot of people around here that have experience with it, I'd wait for someone with more knowledge of it than me, but it's supposed to be a great amp and should handle that kinda music well
you should get a fender mh-500 instead............they sound alot better on cleans and pump out better distortion then the mesa triples do.........just go read the reviews on it at mf and youll see what i mean.....
also you could go down to guitar center and try it out........trust me youll fall in love with it if you like metal
Peavey XXX, Traynor YCV50 Blue (is that right? I never get it right), Marshall DSL401
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by jezjr48
you should get a fender mh-500 instead............they sound alot better on cleans and pump out better distortion then the mesa triples do.........just go read the reviews on it at mf and youll see what i mean.....

Just...No...

550watts Solid state is pure overkill and still probably doesn't sound as good as a 6505. Besides, you'd have to buy a cab afterwards and it would probably end up being more expensive than the 6505

I'd take a nice 212 tube combo like the 6505 over a solid state stack like the MH anyday
it defenely is really expensive for the mh and it looks like itd be another cheap amp......but i tried it out at the store and was pretty impressed........you should go down to your local guitar store and try out different amps....thats the best way to find the one you like