ya i have a dean ml noir xt and i was wondeirng what pickup should i get. i have an xl-500 in my washburn hguitar and i love it but i was wondring if the 81 would give me an even crunchier sound than the xl-500 would in my dean. oh and i play heavy metal (no duh)
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Last edited by ac/dc_freak91 at Aug 27, 2006,
its not really worth it to go from a xl-500 to an EMG 81. plus if your neck is passive, then you'd either have to toss it out or buy another EMG for it.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
if the 81 is crunchier then i ws gonna get an 85 for the neck
Quote by Vermintide

emg 81 gives screaming highs and amazing low end.........ive got an esp with them in it and i would reccomend you get the emgs
^You probably didn't know that Dimebag used Bill Lawrance's right?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If your guitar had some crappy OEM pups then i would say sure go for it, but the XL-500 is already a really good pickup, the difference isn't worth the $200+, and in the end it might not even be what you're looking for.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
k thanx for the info guys i think ill stick with the xl-500 but now im wondering if i should get a l-500 or a r-500 for the neck i dont use cleans so which would be better
Quote by Vermintide

Last edited by ac/dc_freak91 at Aug 27, 2006,