alright so i was just at the house of guitars in rochester, and we're heading back in about 30 minutes, ive had my eyes set on a schecter for a while, im gonna buy a new guitar soon, i have 875 saved for one, im looking for a shredding type guitar, hence schecter, but while at house of guitars i saw an ibanez 7 string prestige, i tried it out, and i dig it, i like it just as much as a schecter, the only thing i dont like, is the color, so, here are my possibilities, and i want your thoughts

1. buy the ibanez prestige, and have the color changed
2. buy a hellraiser 7 string, cherry black, and have a floyd rose tuning system put in

thats the other part of it, i want a floyd rose, which would give me the whammy bar, correct? how much would a replacement of the bridge cost if i had it done, exluding the price of the bridge itself, and also, how much would a color change cost, generally
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
i want a floyd rose, which would give me the whammy bar, correct? correct

I think the prestige would be overall less money.

Paying for paint < Buying a OFR and having to route.
really? i always thought it'd cost more
Quote by beadhangingOne
i personally would go for the schecter, ive always loved those guitars and the classic i played in guitar centre, l.a kicked the ass off any ibanez ive ever played, i especially hate 7 string ibanez, i dont know why i just dont like ibanez.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

iw as hoping for someone like you to comment, you know, someone that had nevermore or jeff loomis in their name...
Quote by beadhangingOne
to me ibanez guitars feel like they are made out of plastic. they just feel cheap to me. schecters are a step up, but they still don't have the solid feel i like. i wish i could get a guitar that played like a schecter/ibanez, but looked and sounded like an american guitar... which is why ive been looking into the carvin california carved top.
yeah but im looking for a 7 string, i havent been able to find one with 7 strings by schecter
Quote by beadhangingOne
lol, yea anno, can it be avoided. I never bought a schecter though, i bought a carvin instead b/c i thought they charge too much for schecters where i was shopping for my guitar.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

freedumb i totally agree with you, i would recommend the ct6m, i had the same problem and i found that with all the guitars i played-jacksons,ibanezs, not so much schecters but nearly all others i tried but then i went into the small carvin shop across from guitar centre, l.a and found exactly what i was looking for.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

^which carvin did you get? how do you like it? they look promising, and are priced great, but i've never had the chance to play the ct6m, and im tentative to buy something ive never played.

edit: you answered my question. im probably gonna get one once i save up.
well i must say it the best guitar ive ever played, sounds better than the £3500 prs my dad has. It gives you this really good warmth and plays brilliantly, and it has the best harmonics ever ive heard. Mine has the quilted maple with the mother of pearl inlays, i would seriously go to the carvin shop in l.a, although carvin can be expensive they are well worth the money plus the guys in there gave me loadz off the price. I think mine was 1919 dollars then 100 dollars off plus another %20 off that and then they give me like another couple hundred off it for no reason then adding tax and whatever it came to bout 1350 dollars but that has never been better spent money.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

erm....
Quote by beadhangingOne
Installing a FR in a guitar not set up for it will cost you...A LOT.

I would get the Ibanez. Ibby Prestige guitars = .
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
As much as I like schecters... i have to say the ibanez will go best with you. schecters really arent much of a shred g-tar. However id wait until the perfect one comes along, rather than having to "settle" with a color you dont like

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
^^ what are you talking about, schecters are so shred guitars

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong