Page 1 of 2
B-52 or Bogner

Don't have the money for either right now, just asking what's the better choice for my cash. I play metal, and some harder rock stuff and my guitars are an Epi Les Paul and a Schecter S-1.
If you have to compare the two, then you don't deserve the Bogner.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
comparing a bogner and a b-52 is like comparing a trailer to a mansion. i have played the b-52, and its a good amp, but its no bogner.
Um...yeah, the Bogner is far better. The B52 is a budget amp.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
At least he's not comparing a 5150 with a MG.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
he might as well be...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I know NOTHING of guitar amps, so yeah.

I played bass for a good... three years. So, I'm branching out into guitar now.

Thanks though, haha. Make fun of my guitar n00bish-ness as you will.

I'll probably pick up the B-52 until I get some real income coming in and can afford to own that badboy Bogner. I've heard their clean channel isn't all that great though.
Bogner Uberschall
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I think its funny that thread starter has a sig making fun of someone for not knowing about guitars and then turns around and asks a stupid question like whats better a bogner or a b-52..
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
His sig is actually on the Schecter Website, it's actually a pretty ballsy thing for a company to say that.

So, jokes on you sleepytone.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
eh, dont care. was just making an observation
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
its a joke right? if not wow. B-52 amps are 'budget' tube amps. Bogner is an elite brand of amps that most pros dont even deserve...or cant afford. B-52s average about $750...while Bogners average about $3000+.
According to the Avenged Sevenfold interview on the front page of UG, "Bogner are just a bunch of cheap ****s.", and "they're flimsy amps as well."

God, what a joke of a band...
Quote by fredthecat
According to the Avenged Sevenfold interview on the front page of UG, "Bogner are just a bunch of cheap ****s.", and "they're flimsy amps as well."

I just read that interview..........wow.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by fredthecat

Agreed, they say in interviews how great Bogners are and then talk smack just because Bogner won't give them free amps. Maybe they should try pursuing an endorsement from Maybelline.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Agreed, they say in interviews how great Bogners are and then talk smack just because Bogner won't give them free amps. Maybe they should try pursuing an endorsement from Maybelline.

Nice...lol
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
bogner=great, b52=tube amp with huggies
and i still love how schecter claims they have no affiliation with ESP when theyre both owned by the same parent company
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by fatgraymatt

Bogner gave them free amps, they were mad because Bogner wouldn't give them money to play them. They should be happy enough to play a Bogner, especially for free.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
bogner is a small company, if they pay people to use their amps then bogner will go broke.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Well I just bought a b-52, and I love it to death, Im never going to buy another brand. The reason they are cheap right now, is because you arent paying for the name like Mesa or Marshall. I had numerous employees tell me at guitar center that b-52's were up with mesa, they just dont do the advertising they do. I played a marshall JCM2000 at guitar center too and I personally thought the b-52 sounded considerably better. Though this is just my opinion.

However, I havent played Bogner amps, so I cant compare them.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Last edited by CkY freak at Aug 28, 2006,
Bogner doesn't need to pay people to use their amps, word of mouth does more then enough. Plus they wouldn't want there name tied to such a ****ty band.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

B-52's are nice amps for the money when you consider you are getting a 5 year warranty and it is brand new. But comparing that to a Bogner? They aren't even in the same class of amps.
Quote by Cmogi10
Bogner doesn't need to pay people to use their amps, word of mouth does more then enough. Plus they wouldn't want there name tied to such a ****ty band.

who are you to critisize
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by joel_grieve
bogner is a small company, if they pay people to use their amps then bogner will go broke.

I would venture that if Bogner (or other smaller amp manufacturers like Krank) stopped giving away free amps to all their endorsees, then they would sell more and wouldn't have to sell their heads for $4000 to turn a profit.

Seriously. Krank are a perfect example of this. They give reknown artists 'special' versions of their products (as in built with better quality components) for free to anyone well-known enough to be able to influence the general public. Then they sell similar products to the general population at stupidly ridiculous prices.

Before Dimebag, Krank were nothing.... Now, everyone and their dog are playing a ****ing Krank. And the people who are actually buying them (as opposed to getting them for free) are finding them to be problematic, unreliable, and many people find they can't get a useable tone out of them.

Now Bogner to have a longer-standing reputation than Krank, I will give them that. But the perception of 'godliness' that people associate with the name has more to do with the exclusivity (due to price) of the brand than actual performance. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who've replied in this thread stating how the amps are so godo that "most poeple don't deserve them" have never so much as laid eyes on a Bogner in person.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Aug 28, 2006,
I'll agree with that, but I wouldn't buy a Krankenstein, even for B52 prices.
It's kinda like comparing the music of Ozzy Osbourne with Brittney Spears. It's just not possible.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
^ Idk dude...I found myself moshing to "Stronger" with some buddies. But when we stopped and we realized what we were doing..................boy that was awkward.
I agree I have been a marshall man but after playing the B52 212 combo i want one for that price they are awsome

The only thing is i wish they werent class a/ab/solidstate just a would be alright but yeah anyway they are awsome amps

and i also agree that names like marshall orange and mesa you are paying alot for the name but they are also some nice amps
You have to be joking this whole thread is a joke. If you have to ask what is better you dont deserve a bogner.

Comparing a Bogner to a B-52 is like comparing Elizabeth Hurley to Trailer trash
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Funky P
If you have to compare the two, then you don't deserve the Bogner.

thats what i thought. the bogner is a holy grail of high gain amps, and the B-52 is a budget recto, i know i own one.
Bogner sells more then enough amps, if they wanted to charge less they could.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Cmogi10
Bogner sells more then enough amps, if they wanted to charge less they could.

In my opinion, they would make more money by lowering the price. Lower price = more amps sold = more money. Even if 2 people buy an amp for every person that USED to buy an amp at that price they'd be doing better. Unless they cut the price in half.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
^but that would ruin the exclusivity of the amps. someone above called them the holy grail of high gain amps. if they cost much less, they wouldn't get that kind of publicity. i would love to see a blind test between the bogner and some other high gain amps to see if it really backs up the reputation its got.
Quote by Chimaira
Bogner gave them free amps, they were mad because Bogner wouldn't give them money to play them. They should be happy enough to play a Bogner, especially for free.

errr, another huge reason why they dislike bogner is their availability. Above all i think this was their biggets issue. When playing overseas, or palces that they cant afford to lug their original gear with them, they cant use bogner cuase they are unavailable in a lot of regions in the world. IMO, they arent being taken care of properly as an endorser of bogner amps. When you are endorsing a brand, you make them more money than youll ever make playing them.

I know a lot of you are like, whoa they are giving you gear for cheap! thats a great deal! who am i to ask for payment? well in the music business and any business at that, allowing things like this to happen can really put your band in financial issues. Remember, when you are endorsing, you are the endorser, and the comapny is the endorsee.

anyyyway, i think the b-52 and the bogner are totally different sounding amps. The bogner is well known and highly saught after amp, while the b-52 is merely a budget tube amp. Even so, its difficult to say which sounds better, it comes down to preference, they are so sonically seperate, taht youll have to try them yourself and figure what it is you want.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
thats half the reason people want bogners, because they dont sound like every other amp, which either sounds like a recto or a marshall (think about it).

i want one, based off what i've heard (soundclips, artists that use them)...but not for that price...
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Anyway, if you were given the money, which one would you choose:

1. Bogner Uberschall
2. Bogner Ecstasy 101B
3. Beyonce Knowles

Plzz answer y'all @!@!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
probably the schall. the ectasy is tempting, but meh.

i'd only take beyonce as a sex slave to make her pay for her bad music. and only then, for free.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Page 1 of 2