Damn, these guys are sick. I knew Derek frrom ABB (which is why I put him in classic rock..he's in a classic rock band) and then saw DTB on Conan, and that was amazing.

So I bought Songlines at Bullmoose music today and...

The first note of the solo (from Crow Jane) of Derek's ALONE is just mindblowing. He put a hellof a lot of emotion in that note.

So what do you guys think of these guys? I'm listening to the album right now, good stuff. What do you guys reccomend, how're they live, etc?
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
I have Songlines, Soul Serenade, and Live at Georgia Theater. All are great. I really enjoy Trucks' guitar playing. I need more!

I'll probably see the Derek Trucks Band atleast once later this year.

EDIT: This probably shouldn't go in Classic Rock, but it doesn't bother me
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I got Joyful Noise, and apart from a few tracks that I really like, I wasn't very impressed.

I like Derek Trucks though, and I'm going to get more of his stuff, the vocal numbers just seemed rather weak on that album.

p.s. BD, I'll be ready to trade after I get my new computer for college and get it all set up.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^^awesome. Add Joyful Noise to my wanted list
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Hes the best. I'm glad he caught so much popularity this year. I saw DTB in January at the Ridgefield Playhouse in CT in the first row right side. They're so much better live, but Songlines is important to get them more mainstream exposure. I want to catch his show every time he comes within a 4 hour drive of my house
Yess, i looked him up and got hooked on his stuff, it's so many different styles all into one.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I got songlines and Songlines Live on DVD, its great stuff.. and a lot of live bootlegs. Im going to see the dTb on 11/03... not considered classic rock though...
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
what was the song he played on conan? and can anyone reccommend me some other songs and CD's to get? thanks
Live at Georgia Theatre, is the best solo album he has out right now
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Get Soul Serenade, Songlines, and Songlines Live on DVD, Joyful Noise, too. You can't go wrong with any of those.
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
I'll look into him more. I saw him when he played live with Clapton, and I gotta say, I was amazed at his slide technique. He played some great solos that night.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.