Page 1 of 2
Yes you heard me correctly... I have decided to paint the walls of my room with an 5150 paintjob. I know this thread should probably be in the Pit but I thought that you Building and Customizing UGers would appreciate this more. Anyway there still are a few things that I need your input on:

1) Should I keep with the traditional Red/White/Black color scheme or do something else?
2) Should I keep the paint lines the same size as on the guitar paint job or scale them to the size of the wall? FINAL DESCISION: Scaled
3) Should I only do the 5150 on one wall and then do the others with other famous guitar paintjobs? If so which ones?

OK so yeah, I'd like to hear what you guys think of this one and when I decide what I want to do i'll get the paint me and my girlfriend will paint it.

DISCLAIMER: This project is in no way affecting the StarWars guitar, I have currently halted working on that project becasue of a few setbacks and the fact that I have a busy life and customizing a guitar is slow work.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Last edited by Tedrick at Aug 27, 2006,
to answer your questions..

1)yes keep the red black white color scheme
2)scale them to the size of your wall
3)the just 5150 paintjob will give you a seizure, so assuming you have 4 walls in your room, id do the 5150 on one wall, do the Zakk Wylde bullseye on another, the dimebag dean from hell bolt design on another, then .... idk the last one is up to you.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by DBS_KICKS_ASS
thats awsome man. it would get annoying to the eyes after a while though. i say scale the stripes to the size of the wall.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I am definately going to scale the lines

Quote by Archetype00
to answer your questions..

1)yes keep the red black white color scheme
2)scale them to the size of your wall
3)the just 5150 paintjob will give you a seizure, so assuming you have 4 walls in your room, id do the 5150 on one wall, do the Zakk Wylde bullseye on another, the dimebag dean from hell bolt design on another, then .... idk the last one is up to you.

If I was to do a different one on each wall I'd probably choose different artists seeing as how im not much into Zakk or Dimebag.

Quote by sempri_fi
or you could do it on only one wall then just paint the other walls a grey color

Hm, that's an interesting thought, that'd probably look really cool... I'll think about it and see what other people think
Quote by spazzymagee417
Quote by V12prowler
paint one wall like a crash caster

Not totally familiar with that design... is that what Ippon did on his second strat of the summer? Could you post a pic?
Quote by spazzymagee417
go for the headach 5150 it all
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
do a mettalice pain on 1, ac dc on another, zeppelin on the other one
music=life
everything else is just details
Quote by kissmyaxe9
do a mettalice pain on 1, ac dc on another, zeppelin on the other one

Sorry but I'm not much into any of those bands... so I have no idea what the guitar designs are.

I'm starting to think that mixed designs are no good so the new option is beween an all 5150 room or 5150 on one wall and gray or another solid color on the rest
Quote by spazzymagee417
dude where in vermont r u?

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by t heff
dude where in vermont r u?

I live in Hinesburg, but I live right near the border to Charlotte
Quote by spazzymagee417
How about just switch colors on walls. Like do the red/white/black one on one wall, black/white on another, black/yellow, on another and whatever on the last. Just a suggestion.
dude i live in essex
paint the whole room

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
make the whole room the stripes. Or if you dont really want to, paint some bands logo's on the walls or something.
MEMBER OF THE UGERS FOR AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

Member Number 12 of the Iron Maiden are Gods Club. PM Revelations to Join

Sergeant Simmons of the KISS Army: UG Regiment PM Sloopy to join

Member of the "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
dude do the walls cieling and floor 5150

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by t heff
dude i live in essex
paint the whole room

Sweet man, although there were just 4 shootings in Essex the other day it's still a cool place, my cousins live there

Quote by hokiecmo
How about just switch colors on walls. Like do the red/white/black one on one wall, black/white on another, black/yellow, on another and whatever on the last. Just a suggestion.

Dude, that is a great idea, I just don't know if I will be able to get enough paint to do it that way
Quote by spazzymagee417
dude i was at the shootings no joke it sucked ass, who is your cuz? i might know him

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by t heff
dude i was at the shootings no joke it sucked ass, who is your cuz? i might know him

That sucks about the shootings, my Aunt was teaching at the school during the shootings,
but yeah my cousins name is Emily Pratt, shes a junior at Essex High
Quote by spazzymagee417
dude i think i know her , i am the same age

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by t heff
dude i think i know her , i am the same age

Cool, yeah she's on the basketball team
Quote by spazzymagee417
yea see the reason i suggested only paint one wall is because if you paint the 5150 pattern all over the room its going to be way too busy to look at whereas if you paint the 5150 pattern on only one wall and paint the others a neutral color like grey it will draw attention to the 5150 wall but still not be too busy because there's only chaos on one wall and order on all the rest, it's sort of a balance thing..
Quote by sempri_fi
yea see the reason i suggested only paint one wall is because if you paint the 5150 pattern all over the room its going to be way too busy to look at whereas if you paint the 5150 pattern on only one wall and paint the others a neutral color like grey it will draw attention to the 5150 wall but still not be too busy because there's only chaos on one wall and order on all the rest, it's sort of a balance thing..

Yeah, its kinda like Feng Shui (Spelling?) or whatever. Yeah I think that technique has a special name because I was talking to some people I know about this before, what if I did the ceiling grey?
Quote by spazzymagee417
yea you could do the ceiling grey but you might want to paint it a lighter color of grey so your room doesnt get too dark, and painting ceilings is a pain anyway but yea its sort of a feng shui thing...but more about visual balance, if you have a ton of stuff happening everywhere your eyes cant decide on where to look and you can get stuff happening like you cant sleep in the room or you get a headache from being in there too long, but you could get away with a grey ceiling if you have a higher ceiling than normal maby like 12ft or something because it can only "shrink" the room so much
yea id say that but then where will your eyes be?......on the ceiling so you'd be looking up all of the time, and also you should paint the 5150 on the "focal" wall of your room, its basicly the wall that you want to emphisize (cant spell sorry) the most because all of the other walls are going to sort of fade into the room
Quote by sempri_fi
yea id say that but then where will your eyes be?......on the ceiling so you'd be looking up all of the time, and also you should paint the 5150 on the "focal" wall of your room, its basicly the wall that you want to emphisize (cant spell sorry) the most because all of the other walls are going to sort of fade into the room

I know just the spot! (Pictures Coming soon) Thank's for all your help Sempri Fi
Quote by spazzymagee417
that wuould be awesome, but the 5150 on all walls would like make me dizzy as crap
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Ok here's the pictures of my room:

One view:

Opposite view:

Here's the specific wall that I wanna do the 5150 painting on:

Any thoughts? Did I choose the right wall?
Quote by spazzymagee417
dang, your room has like 600 walls on it..
but it sounds like a great idea. Try only doing it on one wall, particularly a smaller one.

Quote by EDDIE effing VAN HALEN
Alright dude, that sounds like an awesome idea. Invite me over when its done, i'll give you one of my guitars to hang on the wall
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

^ Eddie, you can come over any day
Quote by spazzymagee417
How do you plan on painting the stripes?

I certainly hope you don't plan on taping them off! that'd run you a small fortiune in itself.

You could do it with several sizes of rollers and pads, but after you get the paint, correct sheen, roller frames and pads, you're looking at easily upwards of a couple gallons of each color for the room...

You'd want to use the glossiest sheen of latex paint you could get, probably something like semi-gloss, because an EVH job would look REALLY gay in flat or eggshell. Your drywall looks somewhat decent, so the extra shine shouldn't give off any glaring defects or mistakes in your drywall.

It'll probably run you quite a bit for the paint to do an entire room. I'd definitely suggest going to an actual paint store, anything like miller, sherwin williams, parker, or if you absolutely have to, rodda, but stay away from department store **** because its way overpriced, isnt quite as durable, etc, as contractor grade paint.

Also make sure you have the correct base paint in the colors, some **** wont cover for 2-3 coats over really really sharp or deep colors.

You could probably get a set of paint chips or a deck at the store to look at, select the right base, find a decent color with that base, and then purchase your paint, acessories (rollers, napps/pads, plastic to cover it up, etc) and get to work.

BTW it would be one mother****ing PAIN in the ass to brush that many lines. Also, it would look REALLY ****ty if you painted one wall, it would be like a really big ugly poster on your wall.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Aug 27, 2006,
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
How do you plan on painting the stripes?

I certainly hope you don't plan on taping them off! that'd run you a small fortiune in itself.

You could do it with several sizes of rollers and pads, but after you get the paint, correct sheen, roller frames and pads, you're looking at easily upwards of a couple gallons of each color for the room...

You'd want to use the glossiest sheen of latex paint you could get, probably something like semi-gloss, because an EVH job would look REALLY gay in flat or eggshell. Your drywall looks somewhat decent, so the extra shine shouldn't give off any glaring defects or mistakes in your drywall.

It'll probably run you quite a bit for the paint to do an entire room. I'd definitely suggest going to an actual paint store, anything like miller, sherwin williams, parker, or if you absolutely have to, rodda, but stay away from department store **** because its way overpriced, isnt quite as durable, etc, as contractor grade paint.

Also make sure you have the correct base paint in the colors, some **** wont cover for 2-3 coats over really really sharp or deep colors.

You could probably get a set of paint chips or a deck at the store to look at, select the right base, find a decent color with that base, and then purchase your paint, acessories (rollers, napps/pads, plastic to cover it up, etc) and get to work.

BTW it would be one mother****ing PAIN in the ass to brush that many lines. Also, it would look REALLY ****ty if you painted one wall, it would be like a really big ugly poster on your wall.

Erm, thanks for no help at all...
Quote by spazzymagee417
Hmm? Nothing?

That was rather rude.

Also, you'd want to paint your ceiling to correspond with the color, probably red or white. You don't want to use grey or any other color which doesn't match anywhere, you'll lose any kind of flow you had in your room.

Sorry if you didn't find my words very helping or inspiring, but I painted residientially for almost three years so far, you wouldn't believe some of the things they want us to do.
This would take a lot of work, but i think it could turn out to be the only EVH paintjob in 10 years that wasnt met responses of "another one?"

An EVH within an EVH!!! As in, make a design scaled to the room, but instead of having three solid colors, maybe the background could be grey and one stripe be red and black and the other one be yellow and black, not scaled to the room.

Or you could do a Zakk Wylde bullseye incorporating the same idea instead of black and white.

Good luck, sweet idea for a room.
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Damn wish i cud do that, it's just i'm a very agressive person (well i'm not really THAT agressive, i'm just impulsive) already so i can't imagine what i would be like if i painted my whole room red!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Page 1 of 2