Hey. Im getting a new guitar soon and want to know which guitar would be best for Heavy metal, screaming solos and looks good. Im thinking about an Ibanez but not sure or maybe a Bc rich V style Guitar. Im realy not tht good when it comes to choosing a new guitar i know basically the look i want is something along the lines of an ibanez body shape like joe satrianis guitars, or a small V sahped guitar. It has to be a realy monster at heavy metal. I seen a few guitars that have three humbuckers and wanted to know if this improved the guitars sound quality, i know it looks damn good tho.

So could you guys show me a few guitars tht would fit into my poor description.

Tin Tin
Quote by Sadam
Hey. Im getting a new guitar soon and want to know which guitar would be best for Heavy metal, screaming solos and looks good. Im thinking about an Ibanez but not sure or maybe a Bc rich V style Guitar. Im realy not tht good when it comes to choosing a new guitar i know basically the look i want is something along the lines of an ibanez body shape like joe satrianis guitars, or a small V sahped guitar. It has to be a realy monster at heavy metal. I seen a few guitars that have three humbuckers and wanted to know if this improved the guitars sound quality, i know it looks damn good tho.

So could you guys show me a few guitars tht would fit into my poor description.

Tin Tin

hey dude i have awesome b.c. rich warlock bronze series its black and green its realy heavy metalish and its got 24 frets and its in perfect condition just tell how much youll buy 4 if u want it
the ibanez rg series is great for metal , i would say stay away from bc richs there not all that great, they look good for metal but sound like **** even the high end ones,another guitar consider the shecters like the damien series or just the c-1 they have great metal guitars my friend owns one and it is amazing,and as one more kind esp's and ltd's make really great metal guitars which mostly all of them have emgs which are great for screamin distortion

hope i was of some help
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Quote by nukem14
esp

if you dont need any cleans get emgs in it. dont get anything under the 400 series.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
You could try Dean or Ibanez Iceman

Since you like the V-shape, I recommend Gibson Flying V

Personally, I like Gibson SG's look and playability,

but you could always go safe and get a Strat
Quote by dez_cole

if you dont need any cleans get emgs in it. dont get anything under the 400 series.

dude where did you get your esp. cause i want to get one and no stores around here seem to have any.
Cool. Well yeh im pretty much V shaped guitar obsessed, i had the chance to get one a while back but chickened out cs it was so different to other guitars. So EMG's dunno what they are but im guessin they are some sorta crazy pickups. My mate has a BC Rich and i had a go on it but i wasn't impressed even tho he makes it sound amazing. I just googled ESP guitars and they are awesum. I think it might have to be one of them. But i dnt wana make my mind up yet. The RG preteige Ibanez guitars seem pretty cool but i cant decide between a V shape or an Ibanez Shape. Are ESP a better make for Heavy metal anc could you name a few bands that use them so i get an idea of wht they can do?

Tin Tin
Quote by Sadam
... i know basically the look i want is something along the lines of an ibanez body shape like joe satrianis guitars, or a small V sahped guitar. It has to be a realy monster at heavy metal. ...

Tin Tin

get a js100 and put some better pickups in it and your set... or get a js1000/2000 and be done with it.
How much money do you have? get ESPs, artists that use ESP include Kirk Hammett, James Hetfield, Jeff hanniman, Dave Mustaine (since 2003), Alexi Laiho....

Also, if you like the V shape, get a Dave Mustaine V, or Alexi Laiho V, they rock
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
jackson hav good v's in their lower ranges, and STAY AWAY FROM B.C RICH. You can get some good esp's or ltds for cheap. Mustaine and laiho used jackson before they went to esp, but i think either are good. Schecter are another to consider.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Sorry i forgot to mention budget. I'll be spendin around 400 pounds on the guitar and im going to buy a new amp as ive only got a practice amp right now. Ok so no BC. rich. yeh the guitars mentioned so far seem pretty cool.

Heres one i like alot.
This looks awsum
and i like the M series ESP's but i couldn't find any V shapes on their site just on the signature series section.
Quote by willpulman_172
adding to Mr.Loomis_shred Corey Beaulieu of Trivium uses a Jackson.

Isn't Beaulieu and Heafy on Dean now?
i think heafy is, not sure bout beaulieu though
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422192

Looks good, limewires are actives that would cover heavy metal very well, and will scream in solo thanks to the kahler trem. Seriously, my friend is in deep chicken **** if he doesn't get rid of this killer axe.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Not to keen on them ibanez guitars. I like the Esp's the most so far so somethin out of there selection would be awesum. Im dnt realy like guitars with weird colours i like bold colours and maybe some art to spice it up a bit. im most liking the V shaped guitars. Whats the advantages of a wide neck and a narrow neck. I have kinda big hands but sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable with a wide neck.
If its so good then y would your friend want to get rid of it so much and sorri it aint my style by far.