I've really been grooving on the mellower instrumentals I've discovered by Opeth, i.e. Patterns in the Ivy, For Absent Friends, & Requiem.

Also enjoying Pallar Anders Visa by In Flames.

Do Opeth and In Flames have any others?

Please point me to other metal instrumentals by those two bands and any others in this vein.

*Note: Not looking for the heavier instrumentals i.e. Orion, To Live is to Die, etc. I have those already and am searching for the mellower stuff. Thanx!
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
Losfer Words by Iron Maiden
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Losfer Words by Iron Maiden
Thanks, man, but again I'm looking for the mellower stuff.
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
Some Steve Vai stuff is pretty mellow. I can't tell you the names but i know them to hear them.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Dusk Falls Upon The Temple Of The Serpent On The Mount - Nile

pretty kickass IMO, check it out
I appreciate the recommendations. Keep them coming!
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
"-" by Pelican. the song is untitled and often is named as a dash.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by glm
For the record, Vai isn't metal.

yeah, I got mixed up by all of the threads he posted on the same topic.
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
yeah, I got mixed up by all of the threads he posted on the same topic.
Well, the thread I started in the Classic Rock section named different musicians.

I think you'd agree that Opeth and In Flames are not in the same category as Rik Emmett.

I'm just trying to get feedback from guitarists familiar with different genres. Sorry if that offended you.
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
Veritas, Aequitas- Darkest Hour

freaking amazing. yeah Patterns is really really freaking good but Darkest Hour is my favorite band so i learn more towards DH. its 13 minutes and its real hard for a while then it mellows out. so definitly check it out.
Between the buried and me- Selkies: the endless obsession gets pretty mellow at the end. At first it is pretty heavey, but it gets pretty mellow about halfway through the song.
Quote by Count_rapuLa
Between the buried and me- Selkies: the endless obsession gets pretty mellow at the end. At first it is pretty heavey, but it gets pretty mellow about halfway through the song.

Wrong forum, bud.
did everyone forget the ENTIRE damnation album?? damnation by Opeth is an entirely clean album... its not instrumental altho it may have one i forget, but theres not harsh vocals and no distortion. Pure Genius
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
the jesters dance by in flames.. and all of cacophony's stuff.. i dont know if you would consider that mellow though..
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
Nile- Libation Unto The Shades Who Lurk In The Shadow of the Temple of Anhur
Cryptopsy- Luminum
In Flames- Acoustic Medley

...and just for the hell of it,

INFINITE...
MISERY.
*dum dum dum dum dum, duh-duh dum dum dum dum dum*
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Spark1284
did everyone forget the ENTIRE damnation album?? damnation by Opeth is an entirely clean album... its not instrumental altho it may have one i forget, but theres not harsh vocals and no distortion. Pure Genius

Also kind of boring and the beginning of the slippage of Opeth into the sewers of Ghost Reveries...

Still good, though, for what it is. Kind of like Metallica - Black Album. Classic and quite listenable despite its depressing indication that the band is going to crap...

And has anyone mentioned Orion by Metallica?

Not mellow all the way through, but one of the better metal instrumentals, I'd say.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Not overly metal but, Red Sparowes, Red Sparowes, and Red Sparowes.

More on the metal side: Kong, Midnite Snake, and Canvas Solaris.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
oh i forgot

death- voice of the soul
cynic- textures
opeth- sillhuette (sp?)
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Thanks keep them coming.
Ibanez S470 (2005 Black)
Washburn D10SCE
Vox AD30VT
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Also kind of boring and the beginning of the slippage of Opeth into the sewers of Ghost Reveries...

Still good, though, for what it is. Kind of like Metallica - Black Album. Classic and quite listenable despite its depressing indication that the band is going to crap...

you sir have bollocks... who are u to deny teh awesomeness of ghost reveries, the only ****ty song on there was the grand conjuration and yeahhh it was relaly ****ty, but the rest is as opeth as it gets just plus keyboards. ur entitled to your opinion and all that hoo ha but u cannot be serious
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Of course you have to include Infinite Misery...but since Hawaiiguy is looking for "mellow" instrus then you should try some Joe Satriani, preferably the "Mr. Potato Head Groove Thing"
Quote by xolax
Voice of the Soul - Death <--- amazing

+10000000.

What a very touching instrumental.
Quote by xolax
Voice of the Soul - Death <--- amazing

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 just to show up Tony. Anyways, I find it amazing how Schuldiner was able to put together so much stuff that spanned from classic death to more prog/melodic death, and kept it amazing everytime.
dream theater and liquid tension experiment have some good instrumentals, and hamburger train by primus is pretty neat, not sure if it counts as metal...

edit: ^when did you get back?!
Samba Briza - Atheist. *Drool*.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Last edited by Face The Slayer at Sep 27, 2006,
My favorite would have to be
Beyonf the Ice by Blind Guardian.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt