i was thinking about getting an esp, but none of the local guitar stores have them is stock(guitar center, milano music). so do you guys know of any stores that carry them? or should i just order one online?
You should be safe ordering one online, but you really need to try one out first, even if it means going pretty far to get to one. They're really nice guitars, but if it's too far to try one then you should probably look at similar guitars such as Schecter or Jackson.

Which model were you thinking of?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
do you want an esp or an esp ltd. esp's are more expensive so stores may not have a lot of thoses in stock. ltd's are less expensive. guitar center doesnt carry the esp brand you should try samash
For the most part, it's pretty safe to order stuff online.

Just make sure it's from a dealer that has credibility and a good return policy/warranty.

Music123 and Musicians Friend are both popular.

But like Timi said, it's good to try one out first... or at least play as many similar guitars as you can.

Who knows? You may find one you love and won't have to bother ordering it.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Some good sites are www.zzounds.com or www.musiciansfriend.com. Be carefull ordering off line though, because the guitar might not sound like what you expect since you can't try it out.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Quote by pierce34celtic
Meh, i'd look elsewhere, not a high quality instrument for the price. Do you have any criteria you want met: wood type, pickups, shapes? And what's your budget and amp?

i dont really have a preference on wood type, id prefer active pickups but passive are cool too, and id like a V shape. the most i can spend is $600. and i have a marshall avt20
Well, your amp isn't all that great. It could use an upgrade as well.

It's best if you not get any LTD that is under the 400 series, they are generally subpar instruments with cheaper wood and components. The 400 series however are very decent guitars.

I'd highly suggest saving up if need be and getting the 400 series.
Gear:
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
where would i be able to get the 400 series. i have only seen the 200 and that was on musicians friend.

EDIT: also for the amp, i was thinking about getting a randall.
Last edited by metalupurass42 at Aug 27, 2006,
Back on topic, go to espguitars.com and search for local dealers. I have one around 20 minutes away, one of the few esp/ltd dealers in new england. And definately the best, he has many of the same guitars, whereas most esp/ltd dealers around have only one, or on backorder.
Quote by SolidxSnake
Back on topic, go to espguitars.com and search for local dealers. I have one around 20 minutes away, one of the few esp/ltd dealers in new england. And definately the best, he has many of the same guitars, whereas most esp/ltd dealers around have only one, or on backorder.

going to the esp website was probably the first thing i should have done, i guess i was to stupid to think of that. anyways i found i dealer. so thanx.
They have the 400 series on Musicians Friend....

but I didn't realize the DV is based on Dave Mustaine's signature model. In that case it probably doesn't have a 400 series model.

Regardless, you might be better off looking at the 400 series. The EC and Viper guitars from the 400 series are both solid choices.

Although, now that I look at it, the 400 series are about $600 here.

EC-400 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516662

Viper-400
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516660
Gear:
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack