Hi everybody , I wanna begin playing electric guitar but it's hard to decide having so many options, that the reason why i'm here, I need you to help me decide

I don't wan't to expend more than 200$ on all, that's some money for me because I'll buy from USA but I'm not there so I have to pay some additional things in order to bring it here, It's cheaper than buying on any store here though. Suggestions?

I've readed that packs are ****ty because they have bad accesories and that is better to buy all things separated, is this right?

Another question, what does commonly a electric come with, does it come with strings, strap and stuff or it's just the guitar?

Well, I hope replies come fast , sorry for the bad english.

By the way, what an amazing forum , like 1000 people connected at the same time.
Last edited by frusciante.ve at Aug 27, 2006,
What kind of music do you play?
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
when you buy a guitar it just comes with itself..........you still have to get an amp, cable, picks, and a strap if you want to play while standing..........id reccomend you an agile guitar.......... www.rondomusic.net ........they have good quality guitars at a cheap price but an amp thats good will cost you around 200 also but since your just starting you should be able to start out on something small like a roland cube 15
Quote by karateguy29
What kind of music do you play?

I think that's pretty irrelevant in my case, I just wan't a quality product and be able to learn with it.

Quote by jezjr48
when you buy a guitar it just comes with itself..........you still have to get an amp, cable, picks, and a strap if you want to play while standing..........id reccomend you an agile guitar.......... www.rondomusic.net ........they have good quality guitars at a cheap price but an amp thats good will cost you around 200 also but since your just starting you should be able to start out on something small like a roland cube 15

I'd be satisfied with a 10w amp so far, can't buy that amp.

By the way, I'm really interested on this guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Silvertone-Paul-Stanley-Apocalypse-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=511692 , I've readed good comments everywhere about it, it's only 100$ and It's list price is 500$ o.O
idk about that guitar..........it cant have good quality because of the price but i may be wrong
You should probably buy a starter pack because even though the accessories aren't great you still get them. Which is better than having to go out and buy them all separate. You can do that when those accessories fail you. I suggest buying the Behringer V-Tone II Guitar Pack. It comes with a guitar (duh), a 15 watt amp, stap, cable, gig bag, 3 guitar picks, chord guide, allen wrenches, and some other stuff for about $100. Behringer has a reputation for giving you a more than decent amp for an affordable price. As for the guitar, they don't really have a reputation for guitars because I believe that is the first guitar they made (they used to just sell amps and other audio equipment). However, the guitar is great for a beginner. All of the hardware on the guitar is top notch for the price. It has 22 frets that are all relatively accessible. Three single humbucker pickups with a 5 way pickup switch. Whammy bar, 1 volume knob, 2 tone knobs, pickguard, metal tuning pegs, the works, etc. This guitar is really awesome for the price. I have been playing for one year now, and my other guitar is a Jackson WRXT Warrior (plus I just bought a Jackson RX 10 D Rhoads on ebay), and I still play this guitar. I still have the amp (and still use it). The only problems I had were: the strings that came on the guitar broke on day one (but stock strings suck on most guitars anyway), the nut broke after 6 months, strap was junk in 2 months, the cable didn't last more than 5 months. But don't let that scare you away because most guitars and accessories will give you problems at some point. This is a great deal.

P.S. Make sure to buy an electric tuner when you get the guitar. You can't play a guitar that's out of tune (well you can but it will sound horrible)
I would most defenitaly get a starter pack, it's a lot cheaper than buying everything seperately, and the guitars in starter packs are usually okay quality, something you could play for a couple years before getting something new and better.
I would go to your guitar centre (or whatever goitar shop you have in your town) and ask them about starter packs that have good guitars to last a few years.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
yeah, starter packs are the way to go. Although cheap and crappy to some degree, its got everything you need to kick off. Its not expensive so you can upgrade your gutiar and stuff as you get better.
i'd say go for the Ibanez ijs40 pack, or even the squier affinity fat strat pack
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Please don't buy something that comes in a pack. If you shop around, you will find deals. Pawn shops are your friend. If you know how to barter you can get some awesome deals. I got my 120 watt gx212 for 180 dollars, down from 350. My advice would be to go to a Pawn shop and find something that feels comfortable to you when you play it and then talk it down to your budget. ( If the person you're dealing with makes a counteroffer, you almost always have him )
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Quote by frusciante.ve
I think that's pretty irrelevant in my case, I just wan't a quality product and be able to learn with it.

I'd be satisfied with a 10w amp so far, can't buy that amp.

By the way, I'm really interested on this guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Silvertone-Paul-Stanley-Apocalypse-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=511692 , I've readed good comments everywhere about it, it's only 100$ and It's list price is 500$ o.O

DO NOT get that, and its always relevant what you play. I'd say go for a squier fat strat starter kit. They're pretty good for starter packs.
Dickless.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
I'll just say what other people have said, which is get a starter pack, because you may not get a great guitar, but you may end up with a decent amp, and it comes with accesories, and they are quite cheap.

I got a Squier Strat starter pack, that came with a 15 Watt Fender amp, a Squier guitar (duh), a lead, a strap, 3 guitar picks, a guitar tuition book and CD and a Fender bumpersticker . That cost me £200 (which I think is more than $200), but my guitar teacher who has been playing guitar for 35 years said that my guitar was not a bad guitar for that price. So maybe raise your budget a little?
R E G G A E
# Perfect for many musical styles including rock, jazz, blues and Christian

That made me laugh so much, nothing agaist christian music, but since when is it diffrent from anything except the lyrics? Is your guitar going to make you sing about god .
Quote by gsr2k6
# Perfect for many musical styles including rock, jazz, blues and Christian

That made me laugh so much, nothing agaist christian music, but since when is it diffrent from anything except the lyrics? Is your guitar going to make you sing about god .

I know man...

Threadstarter: The Behringer has a better amp, but the SX has a better guitar. The amp has more of an effect on the tone, but the feel of the guitar and it not being a total piece of crap is better when you're starting out.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?