i have been playing for about 7 months now and i am trying getting into faster and faster stuff...

i always seem to be inconsistent in my picking, sometimes i do well, other times i miss stuff entriely

i was just wondering whats the best place to hold your pick and set your other fingers so i dont miss the strings when i try to play fast...
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
How do you hold it?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
if your trying to play unholy confessions, they bounces there wrists, up, down
i dont hold it this way most of the time for comfort reasons but i believe you are supposed to hold it between your thumb and index finger using only those two fingers
I prefer to use a smaller pick so I more control. The pick (Jim Dunlop Jazz 3) also has a very small radius at the tip was makes it glide over the string easier. I use my second and third finger for balance along with the backside of my hand were my thumb connect for slight muting and balance. I also never hold the pick to tight.
Attachments:
picking 4.jpg
Quote by Kartman
How do you hold it?

Yes it would help if we knew how you're already using it.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
i just hold it between my thumb and index fingers...

i am sorry i said this wrong, i meant where should i rest the rest of my fingers, as a support to my picking fingers, because if my hand isn't resting anywhere, i miss alot of notes

sorry for the confusion
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
I put my thumb on one side and my index and middle fingers on the other side, and it gives it a little bit of curvature when i squeeze it.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean