Hey just looking for some feedback on recording quality, and anyconstructive criticism.

Im playing all the instruments on the song and singing so feedback on anything is good.
Im singing a little above my comfortable range so the vox might seem forced, but they arent done yet, theres only the first verse and chorus right now. let me know if you think I should keep pushing my voice for that range or If i should just drop it down like in the chorus for the verses also where my voice is much more natural.

This is for the cover contest, and I just got in, so I barely have any time so looking for ways to make it better

The solo is improv because like I said I just got in, and dont really have time to learn it, full time work and school keeps me busy. But just looking for anything helpful

Oh and I screwed up the drums two times towards the end, but Ive only been playing drums for about 4 months and this was a single take, once again time restraints....

Feel free to sends crits this way also for crit 4 crit, always happy to crit other people

www.purevolume.com/itallendshere Let it be beatles cover for ug cover contest

thanks
listening to it right now and i say you should sing in a range youre more comfortable in. sounds a little forced and it seems off sometimes. i dont like how you incorperate the bass drum. the bass note that alternates with the chords gets really annoying, at least to me. the solo is too long, is missing build up and when it does build up it often just drops backdown without a climax. i find some of the pauses in it uncomfortable. the instrumental part is generally too long to be interesting as it doesnt provide enough variety (again the bass notes getting annoying). i enjoyed the outro.

ok the songs done now, i just wrote down the negative points, its not really that bad but overall it does not appeal to me!

i listened to your other stuff and i like it much better than this particular song!

please crit this if you have time: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422340
purely on recording quality: Not bad, the piano is too close though. Sounds honky and cheap electric keyboard to me. Tryin pushin it back, stick some reverb on it maybe.

Music instrument(non-vocal): good, like the organ on the solo.

Vocals: ^what that guy said
the bass line blend to my ear, but u couldbe right, ive only played piano for a month so im not that good with fills and variation yet, and that what creates like two wierd pauses cause learning piano at 20 yrs old and only a month in im still not fluent with basic chord even,

i know the instrumental is too long im going to finish the vocals, thats not meant to be a jam instrumental, im playing it like it is in the song (meant for vocals over it) i just want some prespective so i dont waste my time with **** box vox

i think im gonna redo the solo too although huge build up and intense solos arent really a beatles thing, but its improv so i should make it more exciting

thanks for the crit though, crit sent
Quote by jimiismydaddy
purely on recording quality: Not bad, the piano is too close though. Sounds honky and cheap electric keyboard to me. Tryin pushin it back, stick some reverb on it maybe.

Music instrument(non-vocal): good, like the organ on the solo.

Vocals: ^what that guy said

Okay, ill try that reverb, unfortunatly not enough time to rerecord all of it because of deadline, and im not very good with piano , only been playing a month, but yeah ill see what the sounds like thanks for the crit

and i think its pretty obvious now i should i go with my natural voice, not very beatles like, but ill be way closer to key

thanks for the crit
I was surprised to see you do the chorus an octive lower, but it is really high in the correct key, cuz my band covers it as well, and I have to do a lil falsetto for the 2nd let it be! Im sure you know what im talking about if you've tried it that way, but other then that I still think its a pretty decent cover! good job man
Work to live, not live to work.
haha yeah i know what u mean, that chorus i sang actually my natural octave, so u could imagine how hard it would be for me to sing in the octave it actually is in, the verse is even uncomfortable which is why it sounds wierd, im just gonna drop it all to a more comfotable level

thanks for the crit
Last edited by Scott3229 at Aug 28, 2006,
Pretty much a bit of what these guys said. If you cant sing it in this key, don't force it, try changing the key to something your more comfortable doing. Its a bloody hard song to sing, but you did a pretty okay rendition of it. also, try pushing the piano a bit back into the recording lol