Someone told me that there is a fender custom shop which you can call, tell them what kind of guitar you want with all your own specs, and theyll build it for you. How can i get in touch with this shop? and how much will it cost to get a completely custom fender?
uh... try the fender website. as to price, well, lets just say that it depends on what you want done, and it will be more than a "stardard" custome shop artist model or relic.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
a custom ordered guitar will be atleast $5k min., and i think you have to go through alot to get them.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
^ bull ****

my teacher got one for 1200- though he didnt mod it completly- just took his basic tele and put what he wanted on it. made custom to order.

though - it was just his pup choice, pickgaurd, and neck style which was custom- nonetheless- it says fender telecaster custom on teh headstock
how long ago was that, The cheapest ive seen a Custom Shop Guitar was $2000 (non custom order)

A Telecaster Custom is not a custom guitar. Its not even a Custom shop guitar.
Tele Custom
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
they are called tem built and they are... well built by a team of professionals you start with a base at a certian price and then you have free selections such as neck styles, colors, inlays and then there are upgrades that cost money such as, humbucker, or noisless pickups or, ebny fretboard and custom wiring, iif you tell me exactly what you want then i can get you a cost cause i have the big book on that at work.
^What he said.
I haven't seen a tele custom (the H-S you showed) for 1200 and maybe he just wanted it to say custom on the headstock (to Ranger01)

I myself have heard of this custom shop on several occasions, I think they basically start off with a base price around the same as a american deluxe model and if you ask for something slightly stripped or basic changes then it won't be bad at all, 1200 didn't sound that bad.

yet they do make every spec (color-inlays-decal I'm guessing-pickups) to your whim, i don't think it gets pricey unless you ask for stuff they have to put a lot of effort into themselves instead of using templates or a CNC router.
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Aug 28, 2006,
Are you looking specifically for a custom Fender or just a good deal on a full custom guitar? I ask because I can give you a couple different makers that build great guitars for reasonably prices, namely Carvin and Gutierrez. I have a Carvin Tele type that is one of the best playing guitars of any kind I've used. Total price after custom order and shipping, $1100. Gutierrez hand builds killer guitars going the full custom route for you starting around $2000 or so.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.