What are some good blues rock bands like Cream, etc? Thanks.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Big head todd and the monsters
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
ZZ Top is a good blues rock band, not really like cream but clapton likes them
Humble Pie
Canned Heat
Jeff Beck Group
Spencer Davis Group
Derek and the Dominoes
Blind Faith
Allman Bros. Band
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
The Faces
Last edited by slinks at Aug 27, 2006,
Alvin Lee and Ten Years After
^better than clapton IMO
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
The Yardbirds, The Jeff Healy Band and Beck, Bogert & Appice.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Allman brothers.
Government mule.
Cream
Bob dylan
SRV
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
the rolling stones and cream and ten years after and canned heat, and free.
Quote by slinks
Humble Pie
Canned Heat
Jeff Beck Group
Spencer Davis Group
Derek and the Dominoes
Blind Faith
Allman Bros. Band
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
The Faces

Thanks Ill check all that out, as well everyone elses. Yea I knew about Derek and the Dominoes and Blind Faith but Ill check the rest out. Also, Is Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac like the album Rumours, cuz Ive heard that one but Im not really huge on Fleetwood Mac.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
^ No, Rumours is post-Peter Green. Check out the album Then Play On for a good intro to Peter's work with Fleetwood Mac.
blues
Rory Gallagher
BB king
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Muddy Waters
Buddy Guy
Jimi Hendrix
Albert King

Ted Nugent
thin lizzy
not strictly blues but if you like blues,, you'll probably like these
Fabulous Thunderbirds should have been an obvious one.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
Fabulous Thunderbirds should have been an obvious one.

They started the blues revival before SRV.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by IrishBlues
They started the blues revival before SRV.

Exactley, which makes me wonder why everybody talks so much about Stevie, but so little about Jimmie.
Quote by ufossuck
Exactley, which makes me wonder why everybody talks so much about Stevie, but so little about Jimmie.

Have you ever seen that video of Jimmie Vaughan playing Texas Flood on the SRV dedication DVD? Thats one of the first times Ive really seen Jimmie play. You can def. tell that Jimmie was influenced by Albert Collins.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Beck, Bogert, and Appice is an amazing, albeit shortlived, band. Should've gone on longer.

And noone says Led Zeppelin ( I mean I and II). "How Many More Times", "Bring It on Home", and "The Lemon Song" are great blues-rock tunes.
BluesBreakers.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by heartwarmingpie
Beck, Bogert, and Appice is an amazing, albeit shortlived, band. Should've gone on longer.

And noone says Led Zeppelin ( I mean I and II). "How Many More Times", "Bring It on Home", and "The Lemon Song" are great blues-rock tunes.

Yes, Beck Bogert Appice were damned good. As for Led Zeppelin, the were criminals. I can't understand any blues fan liking them. It's disloyal to blues musicians to listen to the guys that ripped them off. The songs you just named there were stolen from Howlin' Wolf and Willie Dixon.
Sky High from Sweden.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by ufossuck
Yes, Beck Bogert Appice were damned good. As for Led Zeppelin, the were criminals. I can't understand any blues fan liking them. It's disloyal to blues musicians to listen to the guys that ripped them off. The songs you just named there were stolen from Howlin' Wolf and Willie Dixon.

I totally understand where you are coming from with Led Zeppelin. But I have to give respect for them introducing me to the blues. I never would be where I am as a musician, a music fan, or a person in general without Zeppelin. I do understand that they did steal the music, and I do think that it wasn't a good idea. But they still are my favorite band, and I owe them a lifelong debt for opening up an entire new genre of music to me.
Quote by cobain_is_king
I once jizzed in my cupped hands, my mum came in the room so I put my hands against my face and pretended to cry...never again.
YES John mayall and the bluesbreakers with eric clapton is an amazing album
Hmm, with the Led Zeppelin point - while they are obviously not pure blues, very little music is. Being a blues fan doesn't mean you can't be a fan of other music no?

Blues is the father of nonclassical Western music - its influence is everywhere.

"Rock is what happened when Blues met the Blue Suede Shoes"
^^^^ What exactly is the deal with this Led Zep thing? I presume they were a little more subtle than playing someone else's song and giving themselves writing credits...
How may The National D help you waste your time?