Quote by grimreaper65
lol.

I liked that song more than most of their 'good' material.

Not a chance.

Cowboys From Hell is one of the best albums ever created.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
they were full on hair hari metal back then werent they?
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Quote by zebrahead234
they were full on hair hari metal back then werent they?

Yah. They seem to think people have just wiped that from their memories. But, to be fair to them, they made up for it ten-fold.

(I don't actually have a problem with hair Metal. I enjoy listening to most of it)

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Aug 27, 2006,
They were still pretty hair metal on Cowboys, although that is one of the best thrash albums ever recorded. (At least I consider it so...)

If you don't believe me, simply listen to Cemetery Gates and Phil's echoing of Dime's harmonics toward the end.

Hair metal.

..but still better than any of us will ever create, so what's the big deal?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
..but still better than any of us will ever create, so what's the big deal?

Ask Pantera.

I was just stating it was quite amusing. Oh, and Cowboys is not hair metal. Not at all.

The Sleep?

Anyway, it's a matter of opinion. I could say it's Serbian Polka with just as much authority (none).

Personally, CFH sounds a bit like Skid Row, who also rock. My liking of music went Poison - Skid Row - Metallica - Pantera - Slayer...

If you can't hear the resemblence there, well, then I guess you had a different exposure to music than I did. Is that bad?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Dime used to tell stories of how in the 80s he used to dress up as Ace Frehley from Kiss in his room and dance around all day.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
The Sleep?

Anyway, it's a matter of opinion. I could say it's Serbian Polka with just as much authority (none).

Personally, CFH sounds a bit like Skid Row, who also rock. My liking of music went Poison - Skid Row - Metallica - Pantera - Slayer...

If you can't hear the resemblence there, well, then I guess you had a different exposure to music than I did. Is that bad?

I've had quite alot of exposure to hair metal. I just don't think you can judge a whole album by a few connotations of metal sub-genre. The Sleep is an awesome song, but I really don't hear hair metal influences there. Harmonised vocals/gitar parts don't necessarily mean hair metal. When I think hair metal I think Skid Row, Poison, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Winger, Motley Crue etc. I think Cowboys is alot more thrash then it ever will be hair metal. Maybe there is a few influences in there, which is only natural from their old albums. But, Cowboys From Hell (The song) doesn't sound at all like Skid Row (to me).

As you said, it's all a matter of opinion.

Why did I think this was gonna be a Dime conspiracy theory...

Courtney Love killed him.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Courtney Love killed him.

I should've known...the crazy whore.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Good movie.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~