As promised.. the second song for this week. This one's called Seems to Work and is actually one of the first songs we played together as a band. It's undergone quite a few changes since it was written.

It's a bit poppier than the rest of our stuff hence would probably be our first choice for a single. The lyrics (and title of the song) are all pretty straight foward. Sometimes, despite all odds, it just works... right? :-P

So here it is:

Seems to work - http://trandanticband.dmusic.com
1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Marshall JCM900, 1960a Quad
Boss EQ-7, CS-3, TU-2, DS-1, DD-3, TR-2
Ibanez TS-9, Presonus TubePre/Comp16
Last edited by zedar at Aug 28, 2006,
Like it from the opening. The guitar parts fit very well.

When I think pop-rock, it's stuff like this. This could be in a movie, methinks. Chorus is good and catchy.

Ahh, really like the part at 2:50.

There's not very much for me to crit in this: what you try to accomplish you succeed at in this piece, in my opinion. The recording was well done, too.

Crit my new one? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421898
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
You guys have a really good sound. Impossible not to like this

Only one thing I didn't like - the phased 'sss' at the end. I can see what you're trying to do... I think... it just was pretty offputting to listen to, especially with headphones.
Originally posted by Shadow Self
Yikes. That's like playing an elephant.
not as much string noise as the last one, try to not inhale as loudly before you start singing a line, not much bad to this. Very good
Sounds really good, great quality recording. Theres not much to crit as its pretty solid all the way through.

The only thing I didn't really like was "sss" at the end, it just didn't feel like it fit the song.

Overall great job.
this sounds like the intro/theme song to a tv show or something. it is awesome. i loved the "sss" sound at the end. i think it works as a memory sounding kind of thing.
This song was also quite well done. I like when the guitars stop but the vocals continue, adds a nice feel to it. I liked the ending, it was cool. Sorry about the short crit, but I don't have much to say. Your style isn't exactly my type of music, but I can tell you're all very talented.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
The vocals are too low in the mix, I like to be able to hear the vox clearly, but maybe that's not what you wanted. This song's very different from the other song I listened to of yours! This is very pop-rock, and the vox verge on pop-punk at times, which is definately not bad (I love my pop-rock / pop-punk).

It's a shame that the vox are a little too low, because they're awesome! This is another very well produced and recorded song!

EDIT: Yeugh, that was written so poorly... Tidied a little
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Sep 2, 2006,