Hi, I just got into listening to classic rock and as a supporter of good music i usually buy albums from a record shop

I wanted to know where I should start with Deep Purple as I have just been introduced to their music
Highway Star FTW.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I just got 24 Carat Purple and that record is pretty good
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
Quote by Dæmönika
Maybe get a Greatest Hits first so you can pinpoint exactly what era you prefer first, then buying studio albums later on.

Agreed.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by Dæmönika
Maybe get a Greatest Hits first so you can pinpoint exactly what era you prefer first, then buying studio albums later on.

I'd agree with that, but if you don't want a compilation album, I personally think In Rock Anniversary Edition is ace.
yeah greatest hits is good advice. they've been around so long....i wouldn't say they abandoned their roots, but over the years the sound changed a little. overall though anything you get by them will be exceptional. great guitar work too
i never found deep purple that great i think your starting at the wrong place. if your just getting in to classic rock id go with led zeppelin everyone loves them thats where i started also
Quote by VANHALENGUITAR
i never found deep purple that great i think your starting at the wrong place. if your just getting in to classic rock id go with led zeppelin everyone loves them thats where i started also

No offence, but I (and a good few others here) are far from fans of Led Zeppelin. Deep Purple have a greater range of music and musicianship compared to Zep.
Machine Head
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.