Rules:

- You need three recommendations to get into the WoTM final poll. Three. That's one more than two, and it was being discussed a while back and nobody seemed to really object so let'zz try it out.
- You MUST have written at least two pieces in the past month to be nominated
- TrigFunction is not eligible, as he won last time
- The WotM poll will go up on August 31st (Thursday) or September 1st (Friday) GMT depending on how many nominations we have, etc.

Recommendations

broken_bottles
themarsvolta
stellar_legs***
jammydude44***
scousertommy
Jeffjefferson
Phoebus
jallas
AAA_the_band.
Retribution

Nominations

Jammydude44
Stellar_legs
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I'm going ot have to go wiht Alex (broken_bottles) again, because I've probably enjoyed his work more than anyone elses over the whole month.

And I think the 3 nomination thing is a good idea
Yeah I've had enough, thanks and all, I appreciate it, but I don't want anyone nominating me. I've already won WotM once so it's just pointless.
Quote by The Hurt Within
And i think the WOTM needs to change, A) anyone whos won it before cannot win it again, whats the point, we know they're good, they won it once, I dont wanna read their life story twice, and B) It should be for the newer writers to the forum. If it is about welcoming newer writers with open arms then give them another chance to be noticed.

I hope other previous winners will follow my example in this regard.

Oh, and once again I haven't the foggiest as to who to nominate....sorry!
Ro
ρ
^We kind of had that one out in the recommendations thread already - check the last 4 pages or so...
Sorry for teh spam here Alice!
ρ
Jeffjefferson, just a really solid writer, with simple ideas that are conveyed in a very unique way. This piece was excellent, the subtlety of certain lines is excellent.

Roswell at home
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
i third jammydude
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I second stellar legs
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
scouser...was going to be Jamie but he's got three ... that's not to say that scouser hasn't written some absolute beauties this month.

So, my vote goes to scousertommy
"You can never quarantine the past."
Quote by broken_bottles
scouser...was going to be Jamie but he's got three ... that's not to say that scouser hasn't written some absolute beauties this month.

So, my vote goes to scousertommy

He doesn't want voted.
Two comments actually 3

A. I like 3 noms because then it makes sure that people that write two crappy pieces and manage to have two fans dont get in and we dont have over 8 people in every poll

B. I dont like the idea of only winning once. If all the regulars have won ( which will happen eventually) the wotm will lose the esteem it has now. People will be like "ehh, you had no competition anyway"

C. Matt are you back? youve had like 3 pieces this month and fairly regular posting
Quote by TrigFunction
Two comments actually 3

A. I like 3 noms because then it makes sure that people that write two crappy pieces and manage to have two fans dont get in and we dont have over 8 people in every poll

B. I dont like the idea of only winning once. If all the regulars have won ( which will happen eventually) the wotm will lose the esteem it has now. People will be like "ehh, you had no competition anyway"

C. Matt are you back? youve had like 3 pieces this month and fairly regular posting

haha but what happens if one has two crappy pieces and three fans?
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
Actually on refelction Alice and I deceided that it would be 3 months that a winner cant win again, although by the looks of things perhaps the 3 noms thing isn't working out, to be honest I think we should have it so you need 4 pieces for the month to be nominated, that way you cover each week of the month, and not 2 weeks, that way it is actually writer of the MONTH not week and a bit. But thats for next month.
Naa just let it be this time around, its a work in progress put it that way...unless we only have Stellar and Jammy in it, all I can say then is Jammy has a 50/50 chance.
Quote by CJW
I completely agree with four pieces a month.

I'd say three... if it MUST be raised.

Otherwise leave it at two.

And I think the nominations should go back to two. Who cares if a bad writer gets IN the poll, they won't win it.

Edit: I nominate myself, because I feel like nominating someone, and I've enjoyed my own work more than anyone else's this month. Call me conceited.
Last edited by Retribution at Aug 30, 2006,