Hey There

My STrings Are Starting To Sound Naff On My Epi G400 Custom, they are Roto yellows (10's), Any Suggestions On Some Better Strings To Use
I've played my friend's guitar and he uses DR strings and they felt pretty good to me though. On his it was quite hard to make the note last a long time, but that might have been the guitar.
R E G G A E
D'Addarios are nice but very dark sounding, Ernie Balls are very bright but sometimes rust easily
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I Use D'addario EXL Gauge 10's. BUt i have an .11 on the High E.

Suits my "Play as hard as i can" playing style more.
Elixirs FTW!!!!!111!111!!! though when you put them on they will sound alot more brighter compared to your old string
DR or elixr dont but ernie balls unles you like chanchinge your string every 2 days
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Quote by spanerman
DR or elixr dont but ernie balls unles you like chanchinge your string every 2 days

Bull ****! They don't break more than any other brand.
Quote by J.Randen
Bull ****! They don't break more than any other brand.

i think he means talking about how they wear out so fast
I personally use D'Adarrio 10's. Although strings are all very much preference to the player.

It will be costly and VERY time consuming, but the best way to choose is to just pick up a few packs of the popular (and even not so popular) brands and play your guitar for a few months until you find a set that you like.

And you won't know your favorite set until you've been playing them for at least a few days. The initial feel of the strings won't be the same as they kind of need a "breaking in". They won't stay in tune and will change their sound until they've gotten nice and comfy.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Ernie Balls are very bright but sometimes rust easily

I like the tone of the Balls, but you're right...I have a brand new set thats been on for less than two weeks and they feel very grimey, and are discoloured. I am really careful to not have anything on my hands, and to wash if I can, before I play.
Please help me by reviewing my lyrics