I have recently bought a fender squier strat and was wondering what kind of effects i can make using it, and what is the best amp for it? Thanks!
just buy some effects pedals or a multi effects unit.
such as a digitech RP80
Zoom 2.1 (i think it's this one with an expression pedal.)
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
As a Fender owner, I am extremely offended that you would call that hunk of crap a Fender. It is NOT a Fender. It is a SQUIER "by Fender", which means nothing more than that Fender MIC makes a profit off anyone stupid enough to buy it.
It makes a cool sound if you plug it in, turn it up, and smash it.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by Danno13
As a Fender owner, I am extremely offended that you would call that hunk of crap a Fender. It is NOT a Fender. It is a SQUIER "by Fender", which means nothing more than that Fender MIC makes a profit off anyone stupid enough to buy it.

lovely. i wish there were more people like you on this forum.
by that i mean i wish you'd fall into a pit and never come out again.

anyways - back on topic. get effect pedals if you want loadsa fx. and as its a squier its not going to sound amazing whatever amp you get. But get a cheap and cheerful amp for under £100 and you should be happy until its time to move onto another, better guitar.
Dont buy pedals when you own a squire. Buy a good guitar, THEN buy pedals.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Wow! Go easy on the guy! He's probably just beginning and exploring different sounds.

Threadstarter, do you have much money to spend? If you do, buy some single effects pedals, if not, get a multi FX pedal.

Oh wait.... effects you can use with the guitar by itself? Vibrato, tremelo, volume swells (violin like sound)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Thanks guys, and by the way, im a girl, and this is like my first guitar, ive been only playing a year, so go easy on me!!
and thanks for tellin me that it a "SQUIER" cos i thought it was made by fender, well thats what the guy at the music store told me anyway ( im gonna hunt him down.....)
^Damn him, go and rip his arms off.

How much do you have to spend on everything then?
Don't be afraid to care"

um, probably up to $400 australian, how much do pedals usually cost??
Well I got a Digitech rp80 for $189 Aus, I've also got a squier and i guess it sounds pretty good. It has heaps of effects that you can explore and modify.
Last edited by dunebuge6969 at Sep 25, 2006,
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
That isn't comedy.

Yes it is!
Don't be afraid to care"

^Haha, I was watching this comedian, and he was telling this joke about him mishearing a gay guy asking if he wants "Coke" instead of cock, he said he resolved the problem, the guy was embarrased and said sorry, then he ended the joke on

"But for the sake of comedy, I raped him."
Don't be afraid to care"

well you should probably get a wah (not to expensive if you get the crybaby original 60 us) and a phase shifter is a good effect to have (around 99 us if you get the boss phase shifter)

and probably distortion (40 us if you get the boss ds-1)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
oh my god!! im not dead, and i certainly have NOT been raped!
idpod, i'd say that the Squier is a great buy for your first guitar, dont listen to some of the idiots here.. just because theyve been playin years and have rich daddy's dont mean a thing. if you really look around the UG forums, you'll find alot of different opinons about the Squier, some good some bad..it does have its Pro's and Con's, but i think its a great buy..

as for your question, if your a beginner and want to explore what kind of sounds different effects give you, id say go with a multi effects pedal... maybe a Zoom or a Boss GT-8 (abit pricey tho) like pedals, but the Zoom is pretty affordable and not a bad buy for your first effects pedal.. i would recommend a Zoom 606, some people might disagree but i guarentee you if you do your research you will find that many favour it. and as for its price, emm lets see...i paid about RM550 for it (malaysian currency) so im guessin in USD it should be about..emm... 150USD??

good luck with it...hope this helped..
Quote by xtopher_aaron
idpod, i'd say that the Squier is a great buy for your first guitar, dont listen to some of the idiots here.. just because theyve been playin years and have rich daddy's dont mean a thing. if you really look around the UG forums, you'll find alot of different opinons about the Squier, some good some bad..it does have its Pro's and Con's, but i think its a great buy..

as for your question, if your a beginner and want to explore what kind of sounds different effects give you, id say go with a multi effects pedal... maybe a Zoom or a Boss GT-8 (abit pricey tho) like pedals, but the Zoom is pretty affordable and not a bad buy for your first effects pedal.. i would recommend a Zoom 606, some people might disagree but i guarentee you if you do your research you will find that many favour it. and as for its price, emm lets see...i paid about RM550 for it (malaysian currency) so im guessin in USD it should be about..emm... 150USD??

good luck with it...hope this helped..

Thats a complete arrogant and pathetic assumption, my gear may not be the best, but it sure is a lot better than a Squier, and i paid for every single thing in my rig.

and as for the 606, i would advise NOT to get it, its a horrible product, the effects sound bad, its very cheaply made, and i bet you it wont last more htan a few months, i bought mine and regret it so much.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Squier's make nice modding guitars apeerently. I think theyd do, wiht a new neck, new hardware and pickups.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by igotabcrich32
Thats a complete arrogant and pathetic assumption, my gear may not be the best, but it sure is a lot better than a Squier, and i paid for every single thing in my rig.

and as for the 606, i would advise NOT to get it, its a horrible product, the effects sound bad, its very cheaply made, and i bet you it wont last more htan a few months, i bought mine and regret it so much.

well if you did spend your own cash to get your gear than great for you, but not everyone is as fortunate as that, as for the zoom, i have one, it has lasted my almost 3 years, works fine, sounds alright, at that price i believe there are no other contenders,.. now what would you say??
Quote by Gabel
Squier's make nice modding guitars apeerently. I think theyd do, wiht a new neck, new hardware and pickups.

exactly... getting really basic equipment often teaches you alot.