Hey people. the day has finally come! Tomorrow I get enough money to buy my second guitar. I am currently using an Aria Strat Copy which is absolute crap, it fails to stay in tune, and I will be using a Marshall MG30DFX. I have a number of pedals if this is any use - Behringer Ultra Metal UM100, Boss Distortion DS-1, Boss Blues Driver BD-2, Boss Compression Sustainer CS-3 and a Behringer Ultra Octave UA100. So the question is, what do I get?

Ill have about £150 at least to buy just the guitar, if I dont buy one tomorrow then the day after ill have some more cash but I dont know how much, so lets say my budget is between £100 and £200. Im looking for a guitar that will last a few years hopefully and then ill upgrade the pickups if I dont buy a replacement guitar. I know what pickups so forget that.

I wanna know whats the best guitar that will last the longest, has a fast neck and plays the best through my amp and pedals to get a rock, metal and punk kinda sound.

I wont be able to try any out but ive already tried the Ibanez GSZ120 which is awesome! But without trying any others I dunno how could the others in the range are.

The type of wood doesnt really bother me but I know all about them so no one needs to talk about Agathis being crap and Alder being teh pwn'ge.

If anyone needs to ask questions please do! I need as much help as I can get, thanks a lot for absolutely anything.

Echelonnnnn
how much the price for les paul...? i had heard a rumor about ibanez guitar,if its play clean,the sound will be slow..but if the effect been put on,the sound will be extra higher..

pardon me for my grammar....
Ibanez RG 321MH , best guitar in that price range thats easy to get hold of.
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
no, ibanez makes the good RG series. the ones that are worth it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'm sory to say this man but I think you better save up some more, any guitar at trhat price range wsill suck.

Save up some more, wait a little, sell your guitar and one or two pedals and with 400 - 500 you can actually buy a guitar that doesn't suck.

Oh and universal_man I tried to understand what you said, I really did....
But I didn't understand anything.
Quote by tubab0y
no, ibanez makes the good RG series. the ones that are worth it.

ibanez RG>yamaha RG...?
Quote by Anty 7
Oh and universal_man I tried to understand what you said, I really did....
But I didn't understand anything.

oh what..? ok...

like this...i've heard a rumour that if a ibanez guitar is playing in clean (no overdrive),the sound is much slower than we play with overdrive..

is that ok...?
do you mean "quieter" instead of slower? As in "less loud"

because every guitar is louder with distorion, and the amp is louder, not the guitar itself.
Quote by universal_man
how much the price for les paul...? i had heard a rumor about ibanez guitar,if its play clean,the sound will be slow..but if the effect been put on,the sound will be extra higher..

pardon me for my grammar....

What Les Paul?
Quote by Anty 7
do you mean "quieter" instead of slower? As in "less loud"

because every guitar is louder with distorion, and the amp is louder, not the guitar itself.

alright...i got it....
Quote by Echelon
What Les Paul?

gibson les paul,epiphone les paul...les paul guitar...i dont no how much the price,but my friend told me its a good guitar...slash from guns n roses used it..

and i agree about Anty 7 opinion...save some more money and get a new powerful,better,very-very good guitar soon....
RG321MH is probably best for you. £190 for mahogany body, hardtail, 24 fret Wizard II neck, HH combo, it's pretty good.
Quote by universal_man
gibson les paul,epiphone les paul...les paul guitar...i dont no how much the price,but my friend told me its a good guitar...slash from guns n roses used it..

and i agree about Anty 7 opinion...save some more money and get a new powerful,better,very-very good guitar soon....

I know youre only trying to help but dude, I know what a Les Paul is and everyone knows that Slash's and good Gibson and Epi Les Pauls are way more than £300.

And Slash still uses a Les Paul and I know who Slash is, what do you take me for?

EDIT - The GSZ120 seems better than the RG321, even though on MF it says it has a Poplar body it actually has a Mahogany body where im gonna buy it from.
Last edited by Echelon at Aug 28, 2006,
try a ibanez rg321 its mahogony so it sound good with a pickup change and the neck is real nice
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
I'd say go with everyone else's suggestions. But I just want to say, and no offense man, if you're planning on going out and buying a new guitar tomorrow you should have been researching which guitar you want for the last few weeks, maybe even months. You can't just go into a guitar store once, try a few axes, and decide on one right there and then.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
I'd say go with everyone else's suggestions. But I just want to say, and no offense man, if you're planning on going out and buying a new guitar tomorrow you should have been researching which guitar you want for the last few weeks, maybe even months. You can't just go into a guitar store once, try a few axes, and decide on one right there and then.

Lol, take a look at my post History, its fgull of threads asking about various guitars. Ive been researching started I playing which was about 2 months ago.
Quote by SlashHammett
Ibanez RG 321MH , best guitar in that price range thats easy to get hold of.

+1, Its actually a very nice guitar for the price, try one out if you can.
save up alot mor money..if this is supposed to last you a few yrs get a good one. I know I was thinking the same thing but i saved up $1200 canadian and got an esp Ltd H-1000 and it was completely worth it
Quote by Echelon
I know youre only trying to help but dude, I know what a Les Paul is and everyone knows that Slash's and good Gibson and Epi Les Pauls are way more than £300.

And Slash still uses a Les Paul and I know who Slash is, what do you take me for?