are the mesa amps the new 'up and comming' marshal amps in terms of quality and such..b/c many bands are using them now..and in the near future i plan to get a half stack and was wondering whether i should stick to the classic marshall or go to a mesa..i play rock, metal, and alt.
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
I'd say Mesa/Boogie are of general Higher Qulaity than Marshall at this stage...
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Mesa/Boogie all the way dude \m/
Great for metal and hard rock, heck they're even good for blues

And I agree, they're currently of higher quality that Marshalls
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
I wouldn't just get a Mesa because they're popular now or a Marshall because they were (And Still Are) Popular. They both have completely different sounds.
I agree, but then again, Marshalls don't really have enough distorion for that in your face metal sound, not unless you have a distortion pedal, or mod the amp itself.
With mesa it's already has enough distortion to melt your face, and sounds better imo (compared to JCM2000 and JCM800 that is)
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
mesa's cost a crapload of money though. they'd still be regarded as "boutique" amps if they didn't push out so many units.
Marty
True, They're good but extremely overpriced outside America. The cheapest Mesa here is the F-30 and that goes for around ?1400
just save up and get a bogner ubershall :drooool:
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
aren't bogners botique amps ?..where the hell can i buy a mesa guitar center doesnt have it online neither does sam ash or zzounds or musicans friend
wtf
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun