Page 1 of 2
Has anybody heard Modern Times by Bob Dylan yet?!

WOW! This album is just track after track of mind-blowing Dylanisms. If you liked Love & Theft, you're gonna absolutely worship this album!

Every track is perfect, it's just pure 'woah factor'!

The Dylan site says the album is out tomorrow, strange to release an album on a Tuesday, but in the UK it was out today (28th), and I love it! In case you hadn't guessed.

Buy it now!!!!
In the US, almost all movie and music releases are released on Tuesdays. But yeah I'm psyched, I'll deffinetly buy it.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
The opening song picked me up, and I don't think it'll let go for days. This is the first studio Dylan album I've ever bought on release date, I've been a fan for four and a half years... just missed Love & Theft.

I'm still shaking through excitement! It's great! Buy it!!!
I just heard one of the new Dylan songs on the radio, It was pretty damn awesome. I might buy the album if the other songs seem as good as the one I heard.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by Rubin Remus
What song did you hear? Do you know?

I can't remember the name, but it went something like "You won't be working for me, anymore."
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Is Bob Dylan the most consistent recording artist of all time? I think so.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Love and Theft is amazing.

Is it the same kind of...country/blues/jazz/swing feel that L&T has? Because I loved that.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
The similar elements from L&T are still in the melting pot. It's possible that it's better than L&T. It's definately at least just as good!

Quote by ridcullylives
Love and Theft is amazing.

Is it the same kind of...country/blues/jazz/swing feel that L&T has? Because I loved that.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Is Bob Dylan the most consistent recording artist of all time? I think so.

As good as he is, I wouldn't say consistent, this is his first album in five years. That said, it's been worth it, and we didn't have to endure all manner of hype unlike many albums. "Chinese Democracy", Guns 'n' Roses, springs to mind.
I think he/she meant consistent in quality as well as the amount of work he's produced over a long time, not so much in just putting out an album every 2/3 years. It's what, 40+ years now and he's still touring and making good records.

As for the album, I'll get round to buying it, there's other Dylan albums I need first though.
« »
This album is great so far, but I'm only on track two.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
I bought the album today, and it's pretty awesome, it seems that music is reminiscent on the 40s and 50s style sound, I love most of the songs(except "When The Deal Goes Down," but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Great album all together.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
I'm buying it today. I heard one on a commercial and I dug it. It was a blues'like song with almost the same riff as Hooker's "boom boom."
Quote by BlueOyster23
I bought the album today, and it's pretty awesome, it seems that music is reminiscent on the 40s and 50s style sound, I love most of the songs(except "When The Deal Goes Down," but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Great album all together.

I love "When The Deal Goes Down". I haven't seen the video yet, but I know it's got Miss Scarlet Johansson in.
Quote by blues_rocker
I can't remember the name, but it went something like "You won't be working for me, anymore."

Actually does anyone know what the song is called? I wouldn't mind downloading it.

Feel free to add me
Quote by blues_rocker
Actually does anyone know what the song is called? I wouldn't mind downloading it.

I don't think these are actual lyrics to any of his new songs but you may be thinking of Workingman's Blues #2 which is one of the best songs on the album

Dylan PWNS
Quote by TangledUpInBlue
I don't think these are actual lyrics to any of his new songs but you may be thinking of Workingman's Blues #2 which is one of the best songs on the album

Dylan PWNS

Thanks. I don't think that was the song, but I downloaded it anyways and it's pretty sweet. I downloaded a few other songs from the album and the song I was thinking was "Someday Baby".

Feel free to add me
Support Bob, don't download illegally. Unless you are downloading from iTunes.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by Sherman901
Support Bob, don't download illegally. Unless you are downloading from iTunes.

Yeah, I'm just downloading a couple to see if I like them enough to buy the album. Then i go out and buy it next time someone is willing to drive me to the HMV. ( It's the only decent CD store near me, apart from a CD warehouse, and they're both amost 20 minute drives away.)

Feel free to add me
"Modern Times" is the name of a Charlie Chaplin film he did at the end of his career, whether there is any connection is up for debate. The album seems to have deep blues roots. Rollin' and Tumblin' sounds as if Muddy Waters was playing with him. Very good album. I recomend it.
Quote by blues_rocker
Yeah, I'm just downloading a couple to see if I like them enough to buy the album. Then i go out and buy it next time someone is willing to drive me to the HMV. ( It's the only decent CD store near me, apart from a CD warehouse, and they're both amost 20 minute drives away.)

That's what I do, but I'm skint at the mo so I don't even have it yet Rollin' and Tumblin' is also another classic on it, hope you downloaded it
bob said that no good albums were released in the past 20 years, and he has released albums in the past 20 years, sowas he talking about hisself?
I'm definitely going to get it.

I haven't heard any of the songs yet, but he's never done any bad songs, IMO.
Quote by get-born
bob said that no good albums were released in the past 20 years, and he has released albums in the past 20 years, sowas he talking about hisself?

Probably.
Quote by primusucks

hey texas, nobody cares.
So, what are everyone's favorite songs from the new album? Mine are "Thunder On The Mountain," "Workingman's Blues #2," "The Leeve's Gonna Break," and "Ain't Talkin'."
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
Mine are "Workingman's Blues #2", "Thunder On The Mountain", "Ain't Talkin'" and "Nettie Moore".
It's a pity Dylan got credited for the lot, when two of the songs were covers. Sort of.
Quote by TangledUpInBlue
That's what I do, but I'm skint at the mo so I don't even have it yet Rollin' and Tumblin' is also another classic on it, hope you downloaded it

Bastards, stop downloading illegally :P

PS: and It's not really a nice idea making a new account after you got banned
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by rx_eb
Bastards, stop downloading illegally :P

PS: and It's not really a nice idea making a new account after you got banned

Did you hear what Dylan said about people downloading music for free?

"Why not?, it ain't worth nothin' anyway."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5277574.stm

That's one version of the article, couldn't be bothered to find the full Rolling Stone one though.
^ hence the :P
duh
...like i dont download illegall... shush RIAA people. they're everywhere
My Spanish Hearts
I bought it off AllofMP3... its a good album for sure... oh speaking of RIAA, i think i like dealing with the russian mobsters who run allofmp3 more then them.
It's an awesome album. I got it the day it came out. And I just got first row tickets to see him in concert!
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
Quote by Voodoo_Chile42
It's an awesome album. I got it the day it came out. And I just got first row tickets to see him in concert!

I saw him in concert a couple weeks back and it was amazing. You won't be disappointed. Just be prepared for songs that sound completely different from what you're used to.
Quote by primusucks

hey texas, nobody cares.
^He's great live, I remember last year when I saw him...

Anyway, this is a little different, what line do you think is the most beautifully written on the album. Besides all of "Ain't Talikin," I like "Workingman's Blues #2"'s "sleep is like a temporary death."
Quote by Voodoo_Chile42

I went and saw him one the 17th and it was a whole lot better than what people told me. But be aware none of the songs he does sound like the original recordings.
Quote by Bob77tambourine
What is everyones opinions on the dylan commercial

I don't understand why Dylan is in a commercial. It really threw me off and I didn't think very highly of it at first but then I realized he just wants to do what he wants to do and there's really nothing anyone can do to stop him. If he wants to make a commercial, he can go for it.
Quote by primusucks

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by Sherman901
I don't understand why Dylan is in a commercial. It really threw me off and I didn't think very highly of it at first but then I realized he just wants to do what he wants to do and there's really nothing anyone can do to stop him. If he wants to make a commercial, he can go for it.

Well, he did a Victoria's Secret commercial a few years back...so I've heard...
Page 1 of 2