Hi,

anyone know of good-sounding covers that are easy to play at gigs?

anything like nirvana - smells like teen spirit,

iconic song, dreadfully easy to play

thanx, Tom
Equip:

Roland Cube 15 Amp
Westfield Explorer
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion Pedal

skint as fuck so dont be too harsh

Towers of London Rock!!
Knocking On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan. Can't go wrong with that. My band played that live without rehearsal and it sounded great.
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Foxy Lady - Jimi Hendrix

these are all pretty easy songs and they all sound great. my band plays them and it didnt take us loads of time to have perfect. so give em a try.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
Here's the set that my drummer and I rehearse to. It's kinda hard to explain the transitions because we do them without pauses but here goes..

Jesus of Suburbia/City of the Damned-Green Day (End on a F to transition to next song)
Holiday-Green Day (let the distortion roll at the end into...)
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams-Green Day (just the first two lines of the song, then get the distortion going on C into...)
Damnit-Blink 182 (End on C again. Keep it going with the distortion and then break into)
Take me out-Franz Ferdinand (just the intro...in the key of C, so that it fits in with Damnit, and then side up to D for...)
I Choose-The Offspring

Where we go from there is different, but that's our start.
Hope this gives you a few ideas, we tried to set it up so there wasn't any awkward pauses in our set.
Quote by PayTheDues
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Foxy Lady - Jimi Hendrix

these are all pretty easy songs and they all sound great. my band plays them and it didnt take us loads of time to have perfect. so give em a try.

This guys got it right. All easy, and there crowd pleasers.

Personally, i'd recommend Oasis - Live Forever, as its easy, everyone knows it, and wont take long for the band to perfect
Quote by Guitarzan1143
you wanna get the party started? Fight for your right to party-beastie boys

Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language