ok im pretty new to guitar amps so i don't really know whats wrong with the spider. so id like you (the pros) to tell me what you don't like about it. i played it onec and liked it but i dont know much.

so thats it

thanx
Play the Spider II and then Play a Marshall JCM 800 DSL 50 and tell us that you still like the sound of the Spider. The Spider turns your guitar signal into a digital one before it comes out of the speaker and as your ear develops you will easily be able to hear the impurity of a digital signal compared to a pure guitar signal made by passing it through valves. The digital signal makes the amp sound extremely sterile. Essentially, you cannot discern between the lows, mids, and treble tones because they all clash together into an ugly, thin disortion.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
hmmm very well said.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
The Spider 2 is a cheap amp, I don't even know what kind of music you listen to, but the spider won't be able to replicate that sound accurately. It'll get in the ballpark though. And if you're just learning, it's not a bad amp. However you'll want to buy another one once you improve...

As far as using words like, sterile, thin, warm, full or whatever to describe it's tone, that's pointless, tone is relative. The thing is, everyone has a guitar sound in their head that they are trying to achieve, and lets just say no one is hearing a spider 2 in their head.

and you can quote me on that.
I played one, and I hated it, the crunch sounded like crap, the cleans weren't too great and I got pissed off when the effects turned themselves on when switching on the clean channel, and I'm not a hight gain fan anyway so didn't bother for long on impression on the rest of the amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Les Pablo

As far as using words like, sterile, thin, warm, full or whatever to describe it's tone, that's pointless, tone is relative. The thing is, everyone has a guitar sound in their head that they are trying to achieve, and lets just say no one is hearing a spider 2 in their head.

Done.

And I agree.
Quote by Danno13
JCM800 DSL 50?

Is this some sort of new mega-amp?

My bad. I got carried away Make that "play a JCM 800 OR a DSL 50"
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
go with the marshall. unless you want to sound fake. try the marshall.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by Les Pablo

and you can quote me on that.

No. Tone is not relative. Every player is entitled to their opinion of what sounds good but if I think that the Spider II or a Marshall MG sounds awesome, that doesn't mean it does. If the greatest guitar player to ever live was signed to a record label and played a Squier strat and 10-watt practice amp, you can be assured that the first thing the label would do would be to get him better equipment...no matter how much he complains that tone is relative!

Words like warmth and sterile when describing tone are used because they are the best words to use when describing a tone in words rather than sound. Most experienced guitar players know the difference between good and bad tone and the distinction is universal, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail